• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland pnc 1100

te

hello,
i`m a new guy to the vinyl business here in austin texas and i had a quick question.
just bought a pnc1100,in graet shape(from the looks of it) can`t get my flexi 6.5 to work with it.
my question is...do i need a driver or something?
thanks,
te

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Yes, you do need a driver or something...

What operating system are you using (win XP, w98se...?)
You need a driver from www.rolanddg.com for the operating system you are using, and then the control panel of the plotter needs setting up with the right options selected.

You'll need a parallel port printer lead, not a serial lead.

te

thanks ian, couldn`t figure out why i wasn`t connected, and of course i have the serial lead.
that helped alot.
thanks again

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
The pin out connections on the roland serial lead have a couple of wires swapped over- I can't remember which ones- but a standard serial lead will not work!

You'll need the panel set for hgpl language, mode2, free y or rotate Y (if using XP), Free x if using win98se.

Ken

You may also need to rotate the XP to YZ for complete compatability.
Also, you should have another drink, as I am doing right now..
I find the downloading to be quite enjoyable.
Cheers!...Ken

te

Thanks guys....surely it couldnd`nt have been as simple as hooking it up and ready to go.
thanks again....te