• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Print Head Manifold

VitalSignsInc

Alright guys and gals. I am having the issue where one side of my Lc is dropping out of the print test so i replace both dampers pulled ink through with the syringe. Then going back to install realize the manifold nipple is broken! i can find online places that sell the manifold from $24.99 to about 89.99 is this something i can replace i read you have to pull the head. I am not crazy about that but i will do. HELP!

VitalSignsInc

I just was on your website fantastic my roland guy wants to use an old one off a head they have taken out. But till then i am going to print what i can. i put back on the covers and when the machine gets turned on it instantly throws up wrong head installed :banghead:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
old one means that this manifold was soaked with solvent ink in some time. $22.50 isn't a big investment ya? As long as it prints, that's all it counted.

Cale Frederick

Just had same thing happen on our xc540. I got a new manifold and changed it out myself... yes you do have to take the head out. Unfortunately we had more problems and still had to have a tech come spend 3 days working on the printer. Turned out to be a third party ink problem. Swelled lines and clogged 4 sets of dampers before we got it all cleaned out.

VitalSignsInc

I just had a head replaced by a tech within a few weeks of this. i am fairly comfortable with the machine i have been using for over 4 yrs and have only needed one head replaced.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Just had same thing happen on our xc540. I got a new manifold and changed it out myself... yes you do have to take the head out. Unfortunately we had more problems and still had to have a tech come spend 3 days working on the printer. Turned out to be a third party ink problem. Swelled lines and clogged 4 sets of dampers before we got it all cleaned out.

Who suuplied you that third party ink? Let's spell out the bad guys.

VitalSignsInc

I am using triangle edx ink If i can prove the inks did something fellers will back it. they came here ran test on my machine with oem ink and replaced them with the triangle. i have tracked down the few problems i am having 1. the Lc head only printing half is due to the cracked manifold nipple i am recieveing a new one in the morning to replace it. 2. after seeing the error wrong print head installed i found that i had blown a head fuse (which by the way is smaller than a tic tac) f3 to be exact. i also have a new one coming in the morning.

i would like to hear the horror stories about triangle ink specificaly. I have never heard of issues. i ran solaris ink for a 1 1/2 years before going back to oem due to the cartridges were so cheaply made they would not trigger that is was empty. Ive owned this machine 4 years replace my first head last week and last time i checked i was around 11 billion shots on my yellow.

Cale Frederick

Sorry for not keeping up, busy day at work... AT Inks is the ink we are using. I actually made a separate post about the ink earlier today. It goes into more detail about what all happened. I still have 10 of their cartridges in there that are printing great. Only the cyan ones are the ones that messed up. They were from a separate batch than the other colors. I do plan on either swapping back to Roland inks as the other inks run out or maybe, just maybe try another 3rd party. Not excited about another 3rd party after this but the boss seems to want to stay 3rd party. Any other Inks that would be ok for a low - mid volume shop?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Oem vs. 3rd party plug n play

Sorry for not keeping up, busy day at work... AT Inks is the ink we are using. I actually made a separate post about the ink earlier today. It goes into more detail about what all happened. I still have 10 of their cartridges in there that are printing great. Only the cyan ones are the ones that messed up. They were from a separate batch than the other colors. I do plan on either swapping back to Roland inks as the other inks run out or maybe, just maybe try another 3rd party. Not excited about another 3rd party after this but the boss seems to want to stay 3rd party. Any other Inks that would be ok for a low - mid volume shop?

Cale, I would encourage you to create a spreadsheet to determine the square footage you are printing on a monthly basis. Then determine the amount of ink purchased/used on a monthly basis. Finally, plug in the cost of the OEM inks instead of the 3rd party inks to determine your costs with OEM. I know it sounds like a lot of math, but your actual numbers will tell the story, OEM vs. 3rd party

CS-SignSupply-TT

3rd party vs oem

Good day Cale, I am sorry for your troubles. Perhaps CS SignSupply can be of service to you? Please let me know how we may help.