• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC-545EX pricing question

Sam Wade

A local company here has a Roland 545x that will cut it won't print. They say it needs new printheads and they don't want to throw any more money into it. He wants it sold what would be a fair price for that piece of equipment?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Double check that model because such doesn't exist.

I wouldn't pay anything. Case of beer and haul it away from using space?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Double check that model because such doesn't exist.

I wouldn't pay anything. Case of beer and haul it away from using space?
Apparently you are not familiar with the Roland printer line. That model was a very popular printer and a workhorse machine. Please check your information before posting to insure you are not accidentally misleading someone.

As far a good price, I would do a web search for that model being for sale and subtract at least $4000 for parts and service to get it running.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Apparently you are not familiar with the Roland printer line. That model was a very popular printer and a workhorse machine. Please check your information before posting to insure you are not accidentally misleading someone.

As far a good price, I would do a web search for that model being for sale and subtract at least $4000 for parts and service to get it running.
Well excuse me, OP had it wrong in the text and Google returned with null results on "Roland 545x".

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
That would make sense, but the title had it correct. My point being there is a lot of info thrown around by various posters who don't do their research and make sure what they are posting is accurate. I have seen answers that would actually cause more issues. As people who ask for help are hoping to get correct advice, it's vital to be accurate.
Being a technical engineer is my profession and I take it very seriously. Some of the questions we get here have obvious answers and for some, we can only offer suggestions as to what may fix the problem. If I don't have a definite solution or a logical suggestion, I stay quiet.

Last edited:

Sam Wade

he also has a Chinese made polar printer about the same size that he says works it just needs to be cleaned. He replaced it with the Roland and once it sold as well any idea of a price?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Not familiar with the Polar printer. More info needed for that, like a model number. Try Google searching and possibly Alibaba for info. Alibaba will probably be best as it's Chinese...

netsol

Premium Subscriber
sam,I paid $1500 for mine. i put 4 sign-in-china heads in it& repaired the circuit board
best money i ever spent

henryp

That would make sense, but the title had it correct. My point being there is a lot of info thrown around by various posters who don't do their research and make sure what they are posting is accurate. I have seen answers that would actually cause more issues. As people who ask for help are hoping to get correct advice, it's vital to be accurate.
Being a technical engineer is my profession and I take it very seriously. Some of the questions we get here have obvious answers and for some, we can only offer suggestions as to what may fix the problem. If I don't have a definite solution or a logical suggestion, I stay quiet.

Totally agree, I also wish that people asking for help would at least post the end result and which advice actually fixed the problem.

Mattell

I agree Jim, this machine IS an absolute workhorse even till this day