• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP540 not printing questions

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Set it to 200 in that same section of the meter control. But it looks like both fuses are blown. But I want to confirm with a new reading at 200.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
See attached... look at arrow.

Attachments

• Fuse location.jpg
    Fuse location.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 390

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
OK, so both fuses are blown. Next check the output transistors. See pic. If unsure what to do, call me...

Attachments

• SP540V main board transistor check.jpg
    SP540V main board transistor check.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 483

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
OK, they are probably all good. If you touch your meter leads together does it go to zero? Let me know what this reading is please...

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
It looks like the transistors are OK. You need to replace the fuses. Do you have someone who can do this? If not, that is a service I offer. Contact me through email about that. My suggestion at this point would be to repair the board and put in 2 new heads. There is no real way to test the heads, which likely caused the fuses to blow. Were the second set of heads you put in known good heads?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
It looks like the transistors are OK. You need to replace the fuses. Do you have someone who can do this? If not, that is a service I offer. Contact me through email about that. My suggestion at this point would be to repair the board and put in 2 new heads. There is no real way to test the heads, which likely caused the fuses to blow. Were the second set of heads you put in known good heads?

Wepaintemwild

Ok, can't thank you enough for your help. Should I be concerned about that outside capacitor in the corner of the board..it did not react to the meter

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
No, as capacitors can give funny readings, based on which meter leads touch which side of the capacitor. You really need a special capacitor tester to check capacitors. The primary thing is all your transistors are reading the same. When they go out, they usually short out, and this would have shown up in the readings you took. Let me know if you need me to repair the board for you...

Wepaintemwild

No, as capacitors can give funny readings, based on which meter leads touch which side of the capacitor. You really need a special capacitor tester to check capacitors. The primary thing is all your transistors are reading the same. When they go out, they usually short out, and this would have shown up in the readings you took. Let me know if you need me to repair the board for you...
I could probably get done by a close friend, but would feel more comfortable letting you do it. If you want to email me your info, I will get it ready.
Jackflash65@comcast.net

Joe House

I just solder new ones right on top of the old ones. This way you can use the right fuse and if you have to replace, you're desoldering from the fuse and don't really risk damaging the board. - Or you could even solder a socket on top of the old fuses - it works.