• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland TRUvis VG2-540 low humidity/ static electricity issues

WEC production

Does anybody have any suggestions for low humidity. I am told it is what is causing print quality issues? banding and streaking both horizontal and vertical. All medias and all setting I can try..

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have you tried increasing the humidity with a humidifier? I know this time of year where we are, it gets very dry with low humidity.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Do you have a picture of how your prints are looking? Not sure if it would help, but maybe give someone here a better idea as to what the actual cause is.

WEC production

Do you have a picture of how your prints are looking? Not sure if it would help, but maybe give someone here a better idea as to what the actual cause is.
here is what I am getting... straight cmyk colors

Attachments

• print quality.jpg
    print quality.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118

WEC production

ok so all of a sudden I get this quality (top).. and next print looks like this (bottom) ???

Attachments

• print quality.jpg
    print quality.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 139

netsol

Do you have something (stove, hotplate) to simply boil some water?

I don't know if a humidifier is a rental item, DEHUMIDIFIERS ARE, for flood remediation. You can go to home depot or lowes, or walmart & buy a free standing humidifier that will put 3-4 gallons of water vapor into the air. You need at least that much. As i said, i would try auction sites or facebook marketplace but if it could solve your problem in a couple hours. Has this happened other years?

WEC production

no... this is a brand new machine.. only had it about 2 months, but have had issues since day 1. I've used multiple Roland printers over the last 20 years.. and have never had issues like this.

WEC production

no... this is a brand new machine.. only had it about 2 months, but have had issues since day 1. I've used multiple Roland printers over the last 20 years.. and have never had issues like this.
I'm starting to wonder if the humidity is not the issue... I talked to another guy who is at 18% humidity running TRuvis 2 inks and has never had an issue.

netsol

I suppose that series must be VERYSENSITIVE to static

Why don't you buy onevfrom amazon, you can get it tomorrow or thursday, use it for a couple days. You can always send it back, with no problem

WEC production

I suppose that series must be VERYSENSITIVE to static

Why don't you buy onevfrom amazon, you can get it tomorrow or thursday, use it for a couple days. You can always send it back, with no problem
I've tried a humidifier... doesn't do anything to the room humididty

WEC production

whats the nozzle print look like?
nozzle print is good as far as everything is firing. I've been running test prints for weeks trying to flush the lines/ try different settings etc. Then yesterday I got 1 good print (top) and the next run was garbage again (bottom) the bottom image is what most printing looks like

Attachments

• print quality.jpg
    print quality.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 109

bigkahuna_305

nozzle print is good as far as everything is firing. I've been running test prints for weeks trying to flush the lines/ try different settings etc. Then yesterday I got 1 good print (top) and the next run was garbage again (bottom) the bottom image is what most printing looks like
Hopefully it's humidity/static, I was having these issues and it was the profile and static that fixed my vs540 ended up printing with generic profile in my flexi and that with the static string stopped it

netsol

I've tried a humidifier... doesn't do anything to the room humididty
THEN ADD MORE!

typical for a small house, you add 10 gallons of water a day

bring a hotplate boil a large pot of water, like your wife would use if she was making lasagne

boil away 10 gallons of water

then see if it makes a difference

buy one of those anti static guns from amazon (if it doesn't work after the humidity is up, you can return the gun

REMEMBER AT LEAST 2-3 GALLONS A DAY, IF YOU WERE PRINTING WELL, MIGHT BE ENOUGH TO HOLD THE STATUS QUO

WEC production

THEN ADD MORE!

typical for a small house, you add 10 gallons of water a day

bring a hotplate boil a large pot of water, like your wife would use if she was making lasagne

boil away 10 gallons of water

then see if it makes a difference

buy one of those anti static guns from amazon (if it doesn't work after the humidity is up, you can return the gun

REMEMBER AT LEAST 2-3 GALLONS A DAY, IF YOU WERE PRINTING WELL, MIGHT BE ENOUGH TO HOLD THE STATUS QUO
I am in the works of getting a steam humidifier installed, as well as static cord... just found another printer in town with the same machine and has never had any issues.??