• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versaworks Question

TimToad

How come my contour cut does not go all the way around my image ? ? ?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Can you provide a photo of an example and perhaps a screenshot of the window in Versaworks showing the dancing ants?

You might have an incomplete path or any number of issues going on.

Can you provide a photo of an example and perhaps a screenshot of the window in Versaworks showing the dancing ants?

You might have an incomplete path or any number of issues going on.

Attachments

• frank.jpeg
    frank.jpeg
    868.8 KB · Views: 258

Spiderx1

Agree with EPS margin set to 0.05 as mentioned above. Must edit in queue settings section not in setting you adjust during print setup.

StreamlineDesign

Versaworks has notorious issues with EPS files and specifically cutting off the edges. Use a PDF instead.

Do you mean with a specific version of Versaworks, or a specific plotter?
Never in over ten years of printing and cutting on Roland plotters using eps files at least 99% of the time have we ever experienced the cut-lines being cut off.

Spiderx1

Versaworks 6 is out now, free
download from roland DG
still need to set EPS border to 1mm
I have had no luck with VW 6. Won't start, reinstalled 6 times. Works for a few hours then no more. Shows corrupt files for all eps files. PDF OK. After reinstall it will take eps files for a short time then all corrupt. Same files work fine in VW Dual, not running Dual same time as 6. Media Profiles loaded disappear after restart of 6. But if you load again it says they are already loaded. Has some nice features but as of now very buggy. Roland tech support remoted into my computer for 2 hrs with no luck. The Dual to 6 migration tool never worked at all. There is a Webinar on the 15th maybe they can answer something. Guess it works fine for some. But not for me. Win 10 latest updates, 16G Ram, Nvidia K2000 video card, 1TB Solid State Drive, i7 Quad Core intel. Other drives are 500G SSD, 3TB standard drive. Anti Virus and Firewalls OFF.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you mean with a specific version of Versaworks, or a specific plotter?
Never in over ten years of printing and cutting on Roland plotters using eps files at least 99% of the time have we ever experienced the cut-lines being cut off.

Different versions I suppose. I think it really comes down to some people changed the EPS margin and some didn't so you see it both ways in the field. Maybe your settings were reset to default or something like that.