• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 possible bearing problem, grinding

Terry01

THK bearings are made by the same company, located in many countries, if you are prepared to do some research, check it out.

Terry01

Sadly, the ones I have supplied from China, have Made in Japan on them. Can't win em all aye?.
But as Mrs Brown would say, "that's nice"

djhotwheel

I used to run the same printer for 12 years! Every 2 weeks, I had cleaned the main track bar and used superlube (buy in stick form from menards or elsewhere). It has a snot consistency that doesn't run like 3-in-1. Plus 3-in-1 wears out quickly.
Even if you lost a single bearing, its possible the plastic ends were ruined due to non-cleaning and lubing causing friction and causing an electrical relay spike back to the scan motor. I am surprised it still runs. Ours finally gave away from the ribbons getting worn on the edges and the heads losing nozzles from it. Where I was at we got a VG3-640 8-color Grn Org and loved it.

damonCA21

Sadly, the ones I have supplied from China, have Made in Japan on them. Can't win em all aye?.
But as Mrs Brown would say, "that's nice"
Which kind of makes you wonder if they are genuine bearings, or someone in China is just making replicas of them....