• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland- Yellows printing dark orange

Former member

Has this happened to anybody? My printer has started printing all the yellows as dark orange. When I print out the test print the Black is fine, Magenta is fine, Cyan is fine, but the Yellow is orange. At first I thought I had a color problem in my files, But I t couldnt be the file because the test print file from the printer is whacky. The strangest part about it is that it happened from one print to the next. printed perfect all morning, not a single head strike, no banding, nothing but really good prints, then all of a sudden... orange Any Ideas??

Designer85

I'm new to the Print/Cutter field, but from my experience with injet printers, it sounds like some of the red ink has migrated to the yellow, causing the color change.

Not 100% certain, but I've had this happen to inkjet printers before. Maybe run a couple of cleaning cycles and see if it solves the problem?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:Oops: Let everyone beware, your printers do need to be cleaned an maintained from time to time.

Ours does it's own cleaning, but we clean it once or twice a week and a major cleaning once a month. :wink:

Sabre

We had that same issue not too long ago that returned to plague us quite a few times. It was eliminated when we changed out some dampers and pump but decided it would be a good idea to change all the other inexpensive serviceable parts while we were in there.

Next time I see it I'll check the sponge first :)

DRPSignsNGrafix

Have had it happen but not with the yellow. My grey want to hell. GOT THE SURANGE AND SUCKED ALL FLUID OUT OF THE SPONGE THEN DID A CLEAN AND WORKED GREAT

thewood

:Oops: Let everyone beware, your printers do need to be cleaned an maintained from time to time.

Ours does it's own cleaning, but we clean it once or twice a week and a major cleaning once a month. :wink:

Yep. I clean ours at least once a day (sometimes 2 or 3 times depending on the volume of printing) and a major cleaning once a week.

Former member

Yup--Cleaning is a must... and I'm a fanatic about it....Its the last thing I do on fridays before I leave the shop. But the sponge thing never ocurred to me