• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll to Roll UV Printer Purchase

Goatshaver

Premium Subscriber
To those that have a mimaki UCJV300. What do you use for blades? The OEM blades are pretty expensive ($130 for 3 blades). Hopefully my machine didn't get any damaged, lighting struck close as I was typing this and I got a shock through my keyboard on my laptop.
Was supposed to have my printer up and calibrating today but they gave me LUS-200 and the rest of the ink was 170 but with this being such a new machine there is not an option to do some ink (white) with the different LUS#.

BenE

Our company just decided to pull the trigger on the UCJV330-130. Good to know about the blades and the ink.

Hoping things go smoothly as this will be our first printer and a new step in production for us. It's probably an overkill system for our needs, but looking forward to learning how to run it.

We're planning on running a CMYK+2W2C

White Haus

Not a Newbie
To those that have a mimaki UCJV300. What do you use for blades? The OEM blades are pretty expensive ($130 for 3 blades). Hopefully my machine didn't get any damaged, lighting struck close as I was typing this and I got a shock through my keyboard on my laptop.
Was supposed to have my printer up and calibrating today but they gave me LUS-200 and the rest of the ink was 170 but with this being such a new machine there is not an option to do some ink (white) with the different LUS#.

We don't use the cutting feature, at all. I ran away from Rasterlink as fast as I could as soon as I used it, we strictly use it as a printer and cut everything through Onyx cutserver on Summa cutters.

So they sent you the wrong ink? We have LUS-170 CMYKLcLm and LUS-200 WW, is that the set up that you're going for?

BenE

We don't use the cutting feature, at all. I ran away from Rasterlink as fast as I could as soon as I used it, we strictly use it as a printer and cut everything through Onyx cutserver on Summa cutters.

So they sent you the wrong ink? We have LUS-170 CMYKLcLm and LUS-200 WW, is that the set up that you're going for?

What are some of the reasons you ran from Rasterlink for cutting? Anything particular I should anticipate before we get our system up and running?

Goatshaver

Premium Subscriber

Right now Onyx doesn't support the UCJV330, next update will have drivers so I'll have to learn to use Rasterlink for a short time.

Salesman said if I was going to do anything with wet applications they recommended LUS-200 for the white, but of course the 330s are very new and they all have to be the same LUS right now until some more updated firmware comes out. The 300 you can mix LUS-170 and have white LUS-200 and there is no issue. Not really the wrong ink but the salesman didn't just didn't know. My setup will be CMYK CL CL W W.

Gary Wiant

We looked at the JV330 but with the only option for ink being 2 Liter "bags" we decided to go with the JV100 so far we are very happy with it. Also the wipers on the 330 are completely different than the past & when I went to look at the 330 I was told Mimaki was back ordered on wipers, I guess they are felt instead of rubber.

Goatshaver

Premium Subscriber
We looked at the JV330 but with the only option for ink being 2 Liter "bags" we decided to go with the JV100 so far we are very happy with it. Also the wipers on the 330 are completely different than the past & when I went to look at the 330 I was told Mimaki was back ordered on wipers, I guess they are felt instead of rubber.
I don't know about the 2 liter ink thing. The bottles are 1 liter and that's all I have the option for. Yeah the 330 series they have switched for a felt roll for the wiper portion, similar kind of system that Epson has for their SureColor printers. The rolls look small so I'm curious to see how long it will last.

Goatshaver

Premium Subscriber
330 is installed now after the ink mix-up was fixed. However it only ended up leaving me with about 2.5hrs for him to show me how to operate the machine, which is very little. I'm pretty much on my own with the manuals for figuring this out and unless I can get someone else here to help speed up the learning process.
Rasterlink is very confusing, I already can't wait to get back to Onyx.

There is a lot of waiting for these machines. (warming up, switching between print and cut) Definitely not used to it, but the more I get comfortable with using it the better I'll feel about it.
If anyone has any helpful resources on Rasterlink 7 they use or anything related to the UCJV machines for setting up files, printing and cutting, please send it my way. (I've got all the manuals I can get from Mimaki's site, so no need to send that stuff.)