• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

round corners....illustrator

hockeymania

hi,

sorry guys but my f1 help option doesnt work and I am trying to learn this complicated illustrator 10 software to draw my logo...... somebody can tell how to round up corners....??

thanks for your time

Eric

Tim D

Select the round rectangle tool (M). Hold down the Alt key and click on the page. A box will open that you can plug in the height, width and corner radius.

iSign

also, under the edit menu>preferences, you can set the preferred (default) radius, so if you need to draw several with the same radius... that can be your default. I usually and up doing the alt-click method also, so I can enter exact height & width parameters...

The prefs. method is handy when I'm laying out a banner or something & I'm working visually instead of mathmatically... I may not know how big my reverse panel needs to be to look right... but I know I want a 2" radius.

hockeymania

hey thanks guys that is good to know........but what I am trying to do is to put a radius on a triangle forme a did....see picture

thanks

Eric

Attachments

• logojvs1.bmp
    134.4 KB · Views: 187

iSign

I wouldn't call that a radius. All your corners are sharp. If you mean the upper center section, you want to weld a segment of a circle.

draw the circle, draw the overlapping triangle, then draw a square around the top portion of the circle that you want to keep.

Open the "pathfinder" pallette, and with the square & circle selected, choose intersect. Now you will have your segment of a circle. This should just overlap the triangle by enough of a hairling that it's touching & then select both the triangle & the semicircle.. in the pathfinder, choose "unite"

Also, please upload .jpg images. If I was at my office computer, I would refuse to download a file onto my computer just to help someone, & I know other people feel the same.
Why? ...because it's a really really bad idea & nobody should ever download a file from an unknown source if they have anything of value on their computer. Yeah, that is an extreme position, & I don't mean to imply you or anyone else would send a malicious file... but the nature of malicious files is that they get spread unwittingly all the time, & it's just as simple to upload a .jpg

hockeymania

Thanks a lot Isign.......but the thing that I want to see is what it would look like if the sharp corners of the triangle would be rounded..??? is that possible??

sorry about the image file extension....did not know that..
thanks

Eric

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Under filter > stylize > round corners

Attachments

• rounded.jpg
    rounded.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 112

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
works on most anything, as long as you don't make the radius too large or apply it to an object with closely spaced points or corners

Attachments

• stars.jpg
    stars.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 117

graphixplus

Scalloped Corners

Inverted or scalloped corners... Anyone????

Other programs I use ... You can put a negitive numer in BUT not illustrator.

Thanks all

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Not automated, but draw a circle that has the center point the same as the corner of the box. Then use the pathfinder tool to remove the corner. The larger the circle, the more the scallop

Attachments

• scallop.jpg
    scallop.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 106