• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Routed .080" aluminum sign blank supplier

unclebun

A while back I asked for a supplier of ACP custom routed sign blanks. Now I need one made from .080" aluminum, but the people I was referred to for the ACP don't do solid aluminum. Anybody know of a source? I would provide the file for the shape.

unclebun

Eastern Metal delivered my last order. They sub it out, but charge a fair markup. I think I paid $7/each pre pandemic, for 080 12x18s with two holes and round corners, I seem to recall complaining about that price...
I can get that kind of blank as a standard item from Grimco. This is a custom shape to look like an old timey sign. Not a traffic sign.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're far away, but my vendor does this stuff all day long everyday. He could probably do it and send that light small sign to ya. If you interested... PM me and I'll give ya his information.

ikarasu

You guys cut .080 with a skillsaw / jigsaw? Thats got to have rough edges!

You just need the aluminum and you're going to print / apply yourself? If you can't find someone...shoot me a message, since it's a one off I'll do it for shipping cost. I am in Canada though, so it'd take a week... A quick quote to Missouri says it'd be about $20-25.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You just need a square cut 24x36? Go to a machine shop. I could shear you one and send it to you, shipping is probably 20 bucks. I have 080 here and would take 5 mins

unclebun

No straight cuts on this one. There will be about 12" on the left and right edges which will remain straight from the 24x36 blank I can buy. The rest is all compound curves.

And Hall Signs finally got back to me and can do it. So thanks to garyroy for suggesting them.