• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ruby Red to Pantone?

Is there any way to find the Pantone values for Gerber foils? I am sending a job out to be printed with a solvent printer and I need to match the Gerber Ruby Red spot foil.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Print a small hardcopy sample out and give it to your wholesaler. They should be able to match it. Otherwise, you're just hoping or guessing they'll see it the same way you do. You need hardcopies when matching colors.

Tel

My machine says 1805c for Gerber Ruby red. To get pantone 1797c I would have to use the gerber spectratone pallette and use process magenta (top) and Lemon yellow as base.
But I am using an old version of composer version 2 but it tells me gerber ruby red is pantone 1805c.
If you go into compser draw a square right click goto fill and pick ruby red from the gerber standard pallete and apply then on the same dialogue page go down from gerber standard pallete to spectratone and select it will tell you that gerber ruby red is pantone 1805c
Don't know if our pantone colours are any different but I am in N.Ireland

Thank you all for the help. My problem is I am using Flexi, so I don't have access to the features in Composer that tell you the Pantone colors. I think my best bet may be to print a sample and send it to the people doing the printing as Gino suggested, that way it's on them if they make a mistake.

Marlene

I just compared my Pantone book to the color swatches in the color foil chart and 1805 looks pretty good for a match.