• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

?'s on installation of several 12' x 4' panels of WallDeco 6730 on painted drywall

iSign

Walldeco was great... strange that over 12' panels, instead of stretching, panels shrunk about 2" once released from liner & squeegeed... but this was fairly consistent over all our panels, so seams all worked out. Dry app, left no concern for bubbles. Our install times were cut to 1/3 between first panels, and last panels since we gained skill and confidence!

As for the hats, it actually snowed on the mountain last week for just the third time in my 20 years here! It was wet and windy standing right near the open air entrance! Even the circus tent-like roof design lets some rain in, so it was pretty damp & windy conditions for paradise. To celebrate our completion, Jina and I spent the weekend soaking up the hot sunny weather that finally returned by hitting the beach, and sneaking in hot tubs at resort! Paradise returned!

iSign

I remember looking at the white, unwrapped wall stretching out ahead of us, with a sense of dread as to how many more hours, seams or moments of stress lay ahead... but then I remember saying "we will miss this when it's over" because the last 4 or 5 panels went so quick and easy it was childs play by comparison!

I just received the 50% balance and I must say, I do miss both the fun of doing something a little different for a change, and the profitability!

I don't know if I could count on getting $3/sq. ft. again, but I think it would be fun to travel around for a summer, just doing installs like this! (nice break from fighting machines)

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention that calendared vinyl tends to shrink some when off the liner. I haven't notice anywhere near 2" in 12' but I haven't used that material before.

Not many will pay $3 a square for this type of work, but I'm glad you were able to get it. I will typically get $1 to $2 depending on the size, doors, corners, and distance for after hours work like this. I would much rather install architectural graphics like wall murals and window perf than vehicle wraps. More profitable and less effort.

SAFASTRO

What are you guys getting for jobs like this supply/print/install a sqft? I have a job quote coming up for a 400 sqft wall. I don't have to do any designing at all, so roughly how much are you guys getting a sqft? $8? $10? $12? Oh, and using General Formulations Graphitex.

Any insight would be great! Thx

Steve
Cutting Edge Designs Inc