• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S60600 Horizontal Banding "lawn mower banding"

MichaelAlmand

Went through the same thing. The only thing that worked was instead of bi-directional I switched it to uni-directional and it solved it.

tudouqiezi

我的新 80600 也遇到同样的问题。

Attachments

• A23.jpg
    A23.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 53
  • A22.jpg
    A22.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 51

Jeppe.Nielsen

I got a demo S60600 in Jan 2022. Showed up with 1 head not working. Head got replaced and printer worked amazing for 2 months. In the middle of a job it started banding. Canceled the print ran a nozzle check and a handful of nozzles missing. Clean, clean, good nozzle check. Started printing and finished the job. Then it kept happening job after job after job. This was at 8 pass on avery 1105. Nozzle drop out randomly. Also when printing 6 pass on 3m 40c I get What Epson is calling "lawn mower banding" light and dark banding.

Decision one came out and replaced heads. Did not fix the issue
Epson Tech came out. They could not figure out what the issues are. They replace heads again, caps, pumps, dampers, lines pretty much everything in the machine they replaced over 5 months. They think it is Onyx 21 causing the banding issues.

Last week they finally sent a new S60600 printer and Epson tech installed the machine. First print on 3m40c 6 pass banding. Next print on avery 1105 8 pass nozzle drop out 15 feet into print. Next print 2 feet. Once again Epson has no idea what the issues are.
Epson is telling me that banding on 6 pass is normal
Epson is telling me that printing solid colors on 8pass is to high demand for the printer and that it is causing nozzle drop out.
Epson is sending another tech next week to start replacing parts on the new printer
Even though they say nothing is wrong with the printer.

Adjustments have been made auto and manual
Epson tech printed test prints in service mode 6 pass with the banding and said that is normal
Profiles are from Epson Dashboard.
Epson is saying the issues are from Onyx or my profiles.
Printer is in temp controlled room 45% humidity and 78 Degrees

Any help or suggestions
Is your printed connected via Ethernet or USB cable to the Onyx RIP? From 70+ installs we have never seen these kinds of problems, after exchanging the heads, dampers, etc.

However, there might be a explanatory reason behind your problems. If you consistently keep rubbing the head in the print media (not on purpose), you will actually rub off a coating layer on the head whose purpose is to repell ink from the nozzle strips in the head. Once this coating has been removed, due to mechanical reasons (touching the media too many times and too much), ink will start to collect on the nozzle rows, which in turn prevents new nozzles from reaching down to the media. The phenomenon is typically so, that if you clean the head, all nozzles are recovered (uncovered). Once you start printing, it might look good for about 6 feet of printing, and then stripes start to appear. Then you clean the head, it all looks good, and the process repeats itself until the head is changed.

So, always make sure your printer is clean, that ink never builds up on the ink filter or media guides, and remove the media when not in use, otherwise it will shrink/expand/dry and create tunnels which in turn results in touching the head.