• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Sabre 408 no communication

Skelacorp

Hello, I'm a first time poster and need some technical help with our Sabre 408. We came to work last tuesday like any other day, turned on the Sabre, warmed up the spindle, but when we tried to send a job from Artpath we got no christmas lights showing on the sabre keyboard. The day before it worked just fine, no issues, and we turned it off at the end of the day like any other day. We got a technician to come and take a look and they checked the PC, software, serial/usb dongle, serial cable, visually inspected all the cards, tried their own laptop with latest software and drivers, no error codes, the spindle moves (manually using keyboard), but nothing helped. They called around and another technician advised that due to the cold weather in Canada and all the furnaces starting to work, there is a high chance that low humidity caused a static discharge and damaged a particular PCB board (shown below). Tech called Gerber and they said this is very common, they had 3 fails this season, and Gerber has non on hand until January 2022. This card visually looks in great shape (see photos).

Has anyone here experienced a similar problem? Could it be anything else that we have not thought of ?

Can anyone recommend a place that might have these cards in stock, new or refurbished ?

IMG_6659.JPG

IMG_6657.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG

Adam.Foster

Please have ND graphics double-check the part that they ordered, I show that Gerber has P60952C in stock. Tell ND to call me if they have questions (they have my contact info)

Adam

Skelacorp

Please have ND graphics double-check the part that they ordered, I show that Gerber has P60952C in stock. Tell ND to call me if they have questions (they have my contact info)

Adam
Hi Adam, thank you for your help.
I just double checked the quote from ND and their part number is XGSP60947C, which I think is the other card right below this one. Could you confirm?

Adam.Foster

P60952C is the DUart card - Comm between E-box and spindle controller & ATC if the machine has one
P60947C is the Uart card Comm between the PC and the E-box, this card is on backorder.

Skelacorp

P60952C is the DUart card - Comm between E-box and spindle controller & ATC if the machine has one
P60947C is the Uart card Comm between the PC and the E-box, this card is on backorder.
P60947C is the card that has to be replaced here. The tech just pointed out to the wrong one inside the box, but quoted on the correct part that needed replacement.

SOLVED!!! just wanted to let everyone here know that in case this happens to anyone else there is a tech in Edmonton that could potentially repair the card. This technician also pointed out that this could happen again. It order to minimize the chances he recommended keeping the humidity up in the cnc room with an ionizing humidifier, grounding ourselves to eliminate any static discharge before touching the equipment, properly grounding the cnc and dust collection system.

I do not want to publicly post his information here but if anyone needs it please privately message me.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
You use reminded me. I normally post every year, reminding everyone that a humidifier can save thousands, if we kill a system board. Everyone with carpeting is especially at risk

cportela

P60947C is the card that has to be replaced here. The tech just pointed out to the wrong one inside the box, but quoted on the correct part that needed replacement.

SOLVED!!! just wanted to let everyone here know that in case this happens to anyone else there is a tech in Edmonton that could potentially repair the card. This technician also pointed out that this could happen again. It order to minimize the chances he recommended keeping the humidity up in the cnc room with an ionizing humidifier, grounding ourselves to eliminate any static discharge before touching the equipment, properly grounding the cnc and dust collection system.

I do not want to publicly post his information here but if anyone needs it please privately message me.
Hi,
I am having the same problem with a Sabre 408. We are in Portugal and there is no backup for these machines in the country. Spandex in Spain doesn't have any technical assistance on these machines.
I've asked a router manufacturer in Portugal to take a look at the machine, and they say that the according to the tests that they did, the boards seem to be working. The machine moves around the table, everything works, but if we send a Job to the router the flashing lights don't go on. Can you help?

Skelacorp

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Is really difficult to help from here. We went to our supplier and found many different repair people but nobody could help. They wanted to replace parts without knowing exactly what was wrong. So it would have been an expensive guess and check game. Eventually we found a guy that specializes in computer circuit boards and he was able to systematically trace where the signal from the computer would stop short of getting all the way to the panel on the router. It was not easy but at the end it took about 6 hours of finding the problem part and the part was only $10

David Whitehead

Thanks! This thread just saved us a lot of time. One of our sabres just had this exact problem and fix. $504.00 for the part, in stock from Gerber.