• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sad Day

fmg

RIP a true hero in my opinion. I am not from the USA but I respect any one individual who puts their life on the line to protect their citizens of their country that has allowed me to live in!!

genericname

Personal opinion; Snipers are the best (next to drones,) only terminate the really bad dudes / dudettes

Not to derail, but I've got bad news for you about the drones...

Back to the matter though, I didn't agree with his profiteering after his service, even if vets get terrible support after the fact, but there's no doubt the guy did the dirty work nobody else wanted to, or was skilled to do. It's a shame when anyone's cut down like that.

Can't agree with the "any proud American" comment. I'm not American, and I think it's a tragic loss.

Edit:
To stop semantic arguers, yes, he cut people down too, but those people supported religious patriarchal rule, that included throwing acid in women's faces, murdering little girls, and shutting down discourse with public hate campaigns.

MikeD

profiteering!?!
Do you know how much these guys are paid for their service!? Do you know what it takes for them to even get a pension!?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not going to contribute any fuel to this silly debate, but I wanted to also say.... thank you to all of our vets past, present and future for all you have done and sacrificed for this country....... and so many others around the world.

THANK YOU :wavingflag:

Joe Diaz

RIP to this soldier.

In response to the image comparing him to Whitney Houston that I've seen making the rounds on Facebook. Just a quick correction: Obama didn't order all flags to be flown at half mast for Huston. Chris Christie did for the state of N.J. It should also be noted that that Governor of Kyle's home state Rick Perry did NOT order flags be flown at half mast.

If people insist on comparing who deserves more attention when someone dies, I wonder what their thoughts are on combat medics' deaths not being national news? Sure they don't have high kill counts, but they truly save lives in the worst of conditions. Not to take anything away from Chris Kyle of course.

genericname

profiteering!?!
Do you know how much these guys are paid for their service!? Do you know what it takes for them to even get a pension!?

Yeah, actually. That's why the next thing I said was "even if vets get terrible support after the fact". I have a few friends who serve as well, and even though we live in different countries, Canada and the US share the commonality of treating our vets like garbage once they get back. It's a bloody shame.

What I was referring to was his book. I didn't say it made him a bad person; just that it was one particular I didn't agree with.

You're allowed to not agree with 100% of what people do, and still respect them, Mike.

maskman

i'm not going to contribute any fuel to this silly debate, but i wanted to also say.... Thank you to all of our vets past, present and future for all you have done and sacrificed for this country....... And so many others around the world.

thank you :wavingflag:

^^^^ x100

genericname

I'm not going to contribute any fuel to this silly debate, but I wanted to also say.... thank you to all of our vets past, present and future for all you have done and sacrificed for this country....... and so many others around the world.

THANK YOU :wavingflag:

:goodpost:

genericname

And actually, I just found out that he donated the proceeds from his book to the families of fallen friends, so I was wrong on that front, and there's yet another reason to respect the man.

MikeD

genericname,
When using this site I try to keep in mind that its for sign making topics rather than politics... I apologize for posting a jerky comment. Guess I went a little nuts this morning! I glean lots of help from your posts, and do not ever want to offend you or ANYONE on signs101.
Sorry if I rubbed anyone the wrong way!
Miked

genericname

That's fine! A lot is lost in typing only, and it's a subject that gets passions flaring, intended or no.

And signs or no, this is the general chit chat section. I think we can give ourselves a little leniency here. :thumb: