• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SAi license scam

MikePro

So I've been moving my license back and forth to do some work at home, and SAi has allowed this for months. Today, my copy woudn't work on any computer, and they said I have to pay $199 to unlock it. I think the honest thing to do is simply not allow me to detach the license after my limit is reached, but no... they just allow it and then lock it. I cancelled my subscription because I refuse to be muscled around like this.
i stopped trying to bounce licenses back&forth between computers when I realized that google chrome has a free remote desktop addon.
I just log on to my work computer from home if I want to do some file setups on a sick/vacation day, or home computer from work if I wanna watch a movie from my 6TB collection without having to carry-around a portable hard drive.
Works on your phone too, but manipulating the keyboard/mouse is a bit exhausting so I usually just do it for watching movies while traveling without having to pay for streaming services.

ikarasu

Google chrome remote is garbage on phones now. It used to be great when it was a real app... Now that its just a wrapper for their website its garbage :( I haven't found a good replacement though...so Im stuck with it. It's great PC to PC though.

Had to rant when I saw the chrome comment! They turned my most used tool into one I despise using. I hate monthly fees, so I refuse to sub to the other VPN services - but I would have gladly paid a 1 time fee for the app if it meant they developed it properly...

JBurton

Signtologist
They turned my most used tool into one I despise using.
I miss my google music so badly. I haven't tried the RDP on a phone in a while, (Just fired it up and on the iphone at least, it's still it's own app. It could just be running as a wrapper like you said, but I don't recall it working any other way previously) but I recall it being only useful to verify rip settings and the like when I was out of town, dragging and dropping with a touchscreen is impossible, let alone drag and then right click.

ikarasu

I miss my google music so badly. I haven't tried the RDP on a phone in a while, (Just fired it up and on the iphone at least, it's still it's own app. It could just be running as a wrapper like you said, but I don't recall it working any other way previously) but I recall it being only useful to verify rip settings and the like when I was out of town, dragging and dropping with a touchscreen is impossible, let alone drag and then right click.
Try using it. It's just a wrapper now.... so zooming in and moving around is a pain since its emulating a mouse. I think it changed 6 months or so ago?

Sort the Appstore reviews by recent and you'll see thousands of 1 star reviews of people complaining they destroyed the all.

I used to be able to control and do tasks.... now I pretty much use my PC to rip everything and limit my phone to remoting in and hitting print

jimdtg

So I've been moving my license back and forth to do some work at home, and SAi has allowed this for months. Today, my copy woudn't work on any computer, and they said I have to pay $199 to unlock it. I think the honest thing to do is simply not allow me to detach the license after my limit is reached, but no... they just allow it and then lock it. I cancelled my subscription because I refuse to be muscled around like this.
What Flexi version is there?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Google chrome remote is garbage on phones now. It used to be great when it was a real app... Now that its just a wrapper for their website its garbage :( I haven't found a good replacement though...so Im stuck with it. It's great PC to PC though.

Had to rant when I saw the chrome comment! They turned my most used tool into one I despise using. I hate monthly fees, so I refuse to sub to the other VPN services - but I would have gladly paid a 1 time fee for the app if it meant they developed it properly...
Open VPN. It's free.
On android. Open VPN and use RD Client. And you can rdp into any on the network.