• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Salesperson from large company trying to steal clients?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think whoever took this company over is in over their heads if they're actively doing this. We do national accounts (some on their sell sheet), local stuff is secondary work, it comes to us, we don't go seeking it. Bet the reason her husband got her father's business instead of her is because she has zero business skills. If she thinks taking small jobs away from little one person operations will cover the overhead and payroll for that many, she's proving how little she knows about how this works. Probably just wants to act like a big shot for the locals. Or maybe hubby sent her out to do this as "busy work" so she'll get out of his hair :big laugh:
I think you are right - she's trying to act like a big shot. I found out they or the husband own a bunch of apartment buildings and VBRO's in the area also. I'm wondering if they recently moved here. She only has one mutual friend on FB which I find very odd so she must not know anyone in town. She isn't going to make new friends by trying to steal all our clients LOL

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I think you are right - she's trying to act like a big shot. I found out they or the husband own a bunch of apartment buildings and VBRO's in the area also. I'm wondering if they recently moved here. She only has one mutual friend on FB which I find very odd so she must not know anyone in town. She isn't going to make new friends by trying to steal all our clients LOL
Place I retired from usually had an average of 40-50 people working there (as many as 200 at times). We designed and manufactured POP/ POS displays, and major trade show exhibits for national/ international accounts. All the Mastercraft, Jeldwen, Weathershield, Peachtree, Pella, hell most of the window & door displays in every Menards store came from us. We manufactured all the adiorondac chairs for Leinenkigel's, even the giant ones you see around. We did custom bars & food service setups at Lambeau, and many other stadiums & race tracks around the country. Store displays for Winsor Canadian, Miller, Coors, Leinie's, Blue Moon... All us, and those are just a few. We exported displays to Europe, Australia, last thing we were interested in is the local market, if someone came in the door asking, we'd usually recommend one of the local sign shops we did fab work & flatbed printing for. That was all we did in the local market.

Then they hired a "dream sales team" just before I retired, two gals, reminiscent of trust fund brats, ready to take on the world. First thing they did was try to take over the local market using all the big names we did work for as clout, walked into paces with their noses in the air, and quickly got thrown out of almost every one (sounding familiar?). They actually thought banners & general signage in a small local market, competing against a dozen other shops was going to take a company like this to new financial heights. The last IBS show exhibit we did before I retired was a million dollar endeavor, it left the facility on five semi's, that's what they walked in to, the resources/ sales links they had, and they were out trying to take $100 banner sales away from small local shops. Yeah, let that sink in :roflmao:

All it did was turn local suppliers, along with all the manufacturing and sign companies against us that we were doing flatbed printing, CNC, welding & fab work for, who sent stuff to us because they knew we could do it, weren't out to step on their toes, or take their customers, PLUS we sent locals to them that came in our door. They made the company a pariah in the local market.

This one will learn the hard way... They always do.

gnubler

two gals, reminiscent of trust fund brats, ready to take on the world.
Did they use excessive exclamation points in all their correspondence? This sh!t is getting out of control and makes people sound like they're deranged.

Just speak and write like a normal person and nobody will get hurt.

netsol

Define normal... ;)
50 years ago, i was the service manager of new jersey's largest commercial video equipment distributor.
panasonic used to offer to "help close large deals" but, any time you gave them your client info, they were
sneaky and stole the account from you.

this was a really sh**ty deal, since you had to jump through hoops to become a panasonic dealer, you weren't even allowed to change the paper signage in your windows without their approval.

gnubler

50 years ago, i was the service manager ...
Whaaat? How old are you..100?

As far as normal goes, these emails with e-points ending every frickin' sentence including the salutation makes me envision Crazy Eddie from the old TV ads, or any annoying car dealer ad where they're screaming with enthusiasm. These people need to tone it down to a 4, at least.

netsol

Whaaat? How old are you..100?

As far as normal goes, these emails with e-points ending every frickin' sentence including the salutation makes me envision Crazy Eddie from the old TV ads, or any annoying car dealer ad where they're screaming with enthusiasm. These people need to tone it down to a 4, at least.

netsol

ok, you got me, it was 47 years ago
vcr technology was fairly new, at least the vhs, and beta variants
there weren't many of us doing it

jochwat

Graphics Department
Did they use excessive exclamation points in all their correspondence? This sh!t is getting out of control and makes people sound like they're deranged.

Just speak and write like a normal person and nobody will get hurt.
Well, you know [gnubler], you should learn to use them. Like the way I’m talking right now, I would put an exclamation point at the end of all these sentences! On this one! And on that one!

(Let's see who knows where this came from).

gnubler

ok, you got me, it was 47 years ago
vcr technology was fairly new, at least the vhs, and beta variants
there weren't many of us doing it
I hope to not live long enough to be in the workforce for 47+ years. A few more years of this is probably all I can handle.

Johnny Best

I started my business with zero business skills, had no choice considering the situation.
Year 3, still growing. I'm guessing by year 5 I'll have matured into full-on d!ck mode.
So year 4 you will get the vaginoplasty and then another year to get full-on dick. Did the hormone therapy give you facial hair.

netsol

I hope to not live long enough to be in the workforce for 47+ years. A few more years of this is probably all I can handle.
i have a long standing joke with the owner of my biggest client, that i do this because i really ENJOY WHAT I DO,

IN SPITE OF HIS BEST EFFORTS