• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scissor Lift in Car Dealership showroom tile breaking

equippaint

If you're scared, call these guys
maxresdefault.jpg

petepaz

Yeah, but can you do that over 20' in the air ?? I wouldn't want to. I have several of those aluminum walk planks and 3 sets of those ladders, but I ain't doing it 25' up there. Hmmmm... maybe if I was younger, but not anymore.

i offer solutions not safety ;)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I rented one of these small towawable MEWPs this spring to install dimensional lettering. You simply un-hitch it from your truck and roll it right in the showroom.

They have pneumatic tires and you can put carpet samples under the stabilizers. They're extremely "floor friendly" and fun to use. Around here, a fuzz over $200 will get you an 8-hour day and the security of not having to mess with a ladder or scaffolding.

JB

BILJAX-4527A.jpg

Last edited:

AF

I would still put down plywood if using scaffold in the off-chance you drop a tool or scaffold section.

David Wright

I rented one of these small towawable MEWPs this spring to install dimensional lettering. You simply un-hitch it from your truck and roll it right in the showroom.

They have pneumatic tires and you can put carpet samples under the stabilizers. They're extremely "floor friendly" and fun to use. Around here, a fuzz over $200 will get you an 8-hour day and the security of not having to mess with a ladder or scaffolding.

JB

View attachment 142661
Around $300 in my area. Great rate.

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
You need a single man vertical lift.
It will take a bit of getting used to how to use its small footprint in the space, especially at such a height, but it is totally doable and much preferred over setting up scaffolding or old ladder and planks.

They do have them available that do not need the massive outriggers. The ones I have rented from United Rentals have been Genies.....

Due to a similar issue with flooring and available door openings in this space, I had to use one for this project last year. Even with the 4' "soffit" popping out just below the wall, the one man lift gave me enough stability to lean and touch the surface. I also used one for a 35'-45' ceiling atrium wall wrap......on a concave wall surface.... You just have to get comfy with the movements as you go along. Have to lower the height down below their "safety height" to move it, then bring it back up again.

Attachments

• KSCVC Lockheed ATX Entrance 1.jpg
    KSCVC Lockheed ATX Entrance 1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 168

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You need a single man vertical lift.
It will take a bit of getting used to how to use its small footprint in the space, especially at such a height, but it is totally doable and much preferred over setting up scaffolding or old ladder and planks.

They do have them available that do not need the massive outriggers. The ones I have rented from United Rentals have been Genies.....

Due to a similar issue with flooring and available door openings in this space, I had to use one for this project last year. Even with the 4' "soffit" popping out just below the wall, the one man lift gave me enough stability to lean and touch the surface. I also used one for a 35'-45' ceiling atrium wall wrap......on a concave wall surface.... You just have to get comfy with the movements as you go along. Have to lower the height down below their "safety height" to move it, then bring it back up again.

Thanks! I don't like scaffolding and I have used these before in a school and it did just fine.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
You'd better not look at this picture! If talking seriously, renting a scissor lift is a very useful thing. Sometimes, you're not able to do a needful process by yourself, so the help is required. I ran into the same problem recently. I needed to transpose heavy metal bricks in the yard. We've realized we need help. The problem was we weren't able to purchase a good scissor lift because of its price. Renting it wasn't a variant for us as well because we wanted to use it permanently. One of my friends advised us to visit . where he bought a used scissor lift once. Luckily, we've found it in three days, it's a very useful site indeed.

Subtle.

Last edited by a moderator: