• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkdbjj

Only shops that are doing well will be interested in this situation. For every 1 shop that is doing well in the US there are probably 10 that are struggling. Which means, those 10 shops are probably still prey to 3M marketing and oblivious to any of this.

My point is simply underlining Gino's remarks. There are plenty of shops that would rally, but simply don't know what is going on.

Ideas how to reach them?

TXFB.INS

Only shops that are doing well will be interested in this situation. For every 1 shop that is doing well in the US there are probably 10 that are struggling. Which means, those 10 shops are probably still prey to 3M marketing and oblivious to any of this.

My point is simply underlining Gino's remarks. There are plenty of shops that would rally, but simply don't know what is going on.

Ideas how to reach them?

beyond this site, word of mouth, getting as much E-notoriety as possible (Craigslist, other forums, facebook, twitter, linked in, etc...) then you can always to a mass door to door mail out.

Finally I think it is more important to educate the customer, how many times does a customer come into the shop wanted something because they heard that was the best and you have to re-educate them.
have a flier done up and when a product leaves the shop this flier is attached to it explaining how 3M is NOT the best product and there are other BETTER options never mention that 3M is taking jobs from us just that you can get a better product than what 3M offers and usually at a cheaper price than 3M.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
My guys will be installing our first 3751 wrap tomorrow. Doing a fairly high profile 38' trailer for the TN Vols. Even putting a 10' logo on the roof of it since it will be highly visible at every game for the rest of the season. :thumb: Overall used about 1.25 rolls to print it last week. Have to admit, it does print very nice, love the white point.

HulkSmash

My guys will be installing our first 3751 wrap tomorrow. Doing a fairly high profile 38' trailer for the TN Vols. Even putting a 10' logo on the roof of it since it will be highly visible at every game for the rest of the season. :thumb: Overall used about 1.25 rolls to print it last week. Have to admit, it does print very nice, love the white point.

awesome, post pics.

ForgeInc

Ideas how to reach them?

Does anyone have any connections to any trade magazine folks? (signs of the times, etc?)

Not sure they would be on board as I am sure 3m has em in their back pocket....but if we can get some press on it, then the story will take off and it eventually WILL make an impact.

HulkSmash

3M has cut off all contact with me, and refuse to talk to me now.

I guess they forgot they'll be at SGIA. booth #2259. Hey what do you know, We'll be there too.

Guess they rather talk in public, I'm down with that, hope I don't cause a crowd:Oops:

Gino

Premium Subscriber

I guess they forgot they'll be at SGIA. booth #2259. Hey what do you know, We'll be there too.

Guess they rather talk in public, I'm down with that, hope I don't cause a crowd:Oops:

You're going to have to be very careful what you say and how you say it. I'm not saying this with tongue-in-cheek..... I'm saying this from first-hand knowledge and participation.

Back when A V E R Y was denying everything during their debacle, I went to the Atlantic City sign show armed with photos, signatures, accusations and a head full of hate. I first asked for a particular guy whom I had dealings with at an earlier show at Beacon Graphics 'Open House' to the trade. A V E R Y was there and he took down all kinds of information and later lied to me.

At Atlantic City, I started out calmly and then started asking why they lied to me. I'll admit, I was getting loud and did so purposely. It gathered a rather large crowd. In fact to this day, I'm still kidded about how four security guards tried to usher me out because I was a threat to the A V E R Y booth's people. They said they were fearing for their lives with me in their face. I told the guards, unless they want to be held liable for slander on their account, they had better let me alone. I was merely there making a business request and demanding answers which they refused to give me. After a while the biggest one told me to keep it down and they walked away. There was nothing criminal in what I was doing. Civil maybe, but nothing they could muscle in on.

Just be careful how you approach it. What you think might be cool or clever, could be considered something else entirely. Make sure your plan doesn't backfire on you. Making a scene from a jail cell won't look good on your resume.
Besides, Bubba likes new meat. Wanna stay away from him. :doh:

HulkSmash

You're going to have to be very careful what you say and how you say it. I'm not saying this with tongue-in-cheek..... I'm saying this from first-hand knowledge and participation.

Back when A V E R Y was denying everything during their debacle, I went to the Atlantic City sign show armed with photos, signatures, accusations and a head full of hate. I first asked for a particular guy whom I had dealings with at an earlier show at Beacon Graphics 'Open House' to the trade. A V E R Y was there and he took down all kinds of information and later lied to me.

At Atlantic City, I started out calmly and then started asking why they lied to me. I'll admit, I was getting loud and did so purposely. It gathered a rather large crowd. In fact to this day, I'm still kidded about how four security guards tried to usher me out because I was a threat to the A V E R Y booth's people. They said they were fearing for their lives with me in their face. I told the guards, unless they want to be held liable for slander on their account, they had better let me alone. I was merely there making a business request and demanding answers which they refused to give me. After a while the biggest one told me to keep it down and they walked away. There was nothing criminal in what I was doing. Civil maybe, but nothing they could muscle in on.

Just be careful how you approach it. What you think might be cool or clever, could be considered something else entirely. Make sure your plan doesn't backfire on you. Making a scene from a jail cell won't look good on your resume.
Besides, Bubba likes new meat. Wanna stay away from him. :doh:

Gino, you don't need to worry about me. Like you, i just want my business questions answered. They refuse to be in contact me? That's fine, they can't avoid me in person.

I had a customer ask me if i use 3M. I told them i rather wrap in toilet paper.. explained it to them.. and they completely have my back on it. It's all about educating your customers. I haven't spend a single cent on 3M in the past month and a half.. not only have i saved money... but we're wrapping faster with the new Oracle. We're actually wrapping Obamas RV for the Wednesday debate, in automark since it's only going to be on for a week. Typically i would have used 3m's ij 3500 series with control tac... good stuff.. but again not financing their business that is working to put mine out.

401Graphics

Get this on video! :popcorn:

ProWraps

yes please video. i wanna see you and 3M go toe to toe midget brawler style. take boss with you. and for god sakes did you take that big poop in obamas RV like i told you to?

Status
Not open for further replies.