• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seen on Facebook

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
15825831_1287944564598034_1455602438975741799_n.jpg
Just thought it was amusing. Happy Sunday, all.

SignStudent

The face of the sign has two bolt heads sticking out of it. I don't think the ice would be able to slide down over those.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It all happened in Mustang Oklahoma after an ice storm... its real and happened on multiple signs.

It is forming to the vinyl layers on the signs.

I don't know about forming to vinyl on the sign..... as mentioned earlier, the look appears they were embossed and screen printed over to begin with.... as you can see in this stop sign, that had die-cut vinyl.

frozen stop.jpg

But again, who cares ??​

Correct Color

I doubt they were embossed. All the clients I have who produce roadsigns use layers of vinyl. There's the reflective base signs and then the lettering itself. I have no problem believing the ice adhered to the sign, conformed itself to the vinyl layers, then melted from the sign heating underneath it and slipping off.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I doubt they were embossed. All the clients I have who produce roadsigns use layers of vinyl. There's the reflective base signs and then the lettering itself. I have no problem believing the ice adhered to the sign, conformed itself to the vinyl layers, then melted from the sign heating underneath it and slipping off.

This is how I've ever seen / know that road signs are made... Reflective Base Layer then Translucent overlayed vinyl.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Has to be fake - we have road signs here and even in the dead of winter I have never seen ice on any of them.

wayne k
guam usa