• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Selling a plotter...need some advice

Erin

I have a 24" Eclipse (Summa) Plotter that has been sitting collecting dust for a while now that I'm looking to sell.
There is someone I know locally that is interested (he just opened his own detailing shop and wants to offer "custom decals" as well) but I have no idea what kind of price to ask for it. It's in excellent condition and was about $3,000 when bought new back in 2005.
Just wondering if anyone has any clue as to how much I should offer to sell it for?

Thanks

briankb

Premium Subscriber
you can get a brand new Graphtec 24" for $1,000 with stand and shipping. I would try $800 and sell it as is with a working demo maybe.

Ken

You know..I would just keep it...why set someone else as competiton?..(foot in the door...they ask for more)
Cheers!
Ken

Techman

cutters are not selling for their value any more.

Even on ebay cutters are going for around $300 bux,, sad.....

Jillbeans

I agree about the competition.
I would sell my old plotters, 2 Gerber 15 inchers, extra parts, old software, etc. but then there would be another new "sign shop".
Plus I don't feel like paying more than they are worth to ship them anywhere! So under my bed they will stay.
Love....Jill

Jackpine

Keep it. Let them do their own homework. They will be your competition. Everyone knows "stickers are easy".

Mosh

About once a year someone tries to open a shop in my area. Most of the time I end up owning all the equipmnet and supplies within 6 months. Oh one guy lasted 9 months, and the bank got all of his stuff. Can't compete with the MOOSH!