• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Service mode for head alignment

Randy Brunner

I have found how to put my sp540i in service mode but am worried about getting it back out? Anything I need to do to put it back? Or will there be a option to exit?
I am looking to do a head alignment.any tips would be greatly appreciated

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
What do you need to do in service mode? You must be careful or you can really mess up the printer.

Attachments

• SERVICE MODE.jpg
    SERVICE MODE.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 308

Randy Brunner

I do have the procedure to do the head alignment
I believe there is 3 separate tests and adjustments
I really just want to print the test to see if it's off
I been fighting this problem for over 2 years and the machine is only 5 years old

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Can you post a pic of the problem you are having? Also a pic of the test print. This will help immensely in guiding you to a solution.

Randy Brunner

Oh, thank you
I did not see that picture
Apparently I don't have the correct procedure for head alignment? Step 1 is.
Service menu
Head adjust
Then head adjust bias
Bias test print
I don't have that

Randy Brunner

Ok, got a little bit better today
I was able to print the test for bi-directional and horizontal , horizontal was off by 7 points but after the test it gave me a message that said SET HEAD HEIGHT TO HIGH? Your help is greatly appreciated

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You should have all the steps. See the attached 2 pdf's.

Attachments

• SP-540i head alignment procedure.pdf
    924.5 KB · Views: 275
  • SP-540i service menu tree head alignment.pdf
    167.9 KB · Views: 254

woolly

by the looks of your test print you will need to adjust the position manually of the m+y head before any of the electronic adjustments info should be in those pdfs. well worth the time and effort to get right.