• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help ShelterLogic Tarp Garage Repair- Orafol Tape or PVC Glue?

What should I use to repair the garage?

• Orafol 1397 Tape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PVC Glue

• Other

• Total voters

player

I have a ShelterLogic garage with a heavy PVC skin on it. The bottom skirt or flaps that go down each side are either glued or heat sealed on. The seam has let go along the join and I would like opinions what would do a better repair.

I could use the Orafol 1397PP 2 sided tape and treat the seam like a banner. The seam is along the bottom, up about 1.5 to 2 feet from the ground. I will have to have a helper hold a board on the inside as I tape and burnish the overlap seam from the outside.

Alternatively I could use PVC glue, and do the same process, but it will be more difficult unless the glue dries or holds quickly.

Which way would you recommend?

Which will be the longest lasting (permanent) repair?

Tape or glue or is there another alternative I have not thought about?

This is the garage we have, and you can see the seam. along the length of the side. The material on ours is PVC, but the one in the photo is not.

nle7sl_74342_00_shelterlogic-12-x-24-x-10-roundtop-hunter-green-garage.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

Billct2

Sounds like either may work, but I would get a repair kit for an inflatable boat or swimming pool.

player

Bring it to an auto upholstery or boat canvas shop and have it sewn. Once and done.
You are kidding?

The main tarp is about 24' x 30' and weights almost 100 lbs. Plus the incredible effort to take it down, fold it up, ship it there and back, and reinstall it is nuts.

rjssigns

You are kidding?

The main tarp is about 24' x 30' and weights almost 100 lbs. Plus the incredible effort to take it down, fold it up, ship it there and back, and reinstall it is nuts.

No I wasn't kidding. You were the one that asked for and I quote; "the longest lasting permanent repair". I supplied that information.

equippaint

No I wasn't kidding. You were the one that asked for and I quote; "the longest lasting permanent repair". I supplied that information.
What were you thinking? He cant shut the shop down that long.
Seriously though, 24x30 is not a big tarp and this isnt a bad idea.