• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping magnetic signs?

J

john1

You can roll them no problem but if your worrying about it just lay them flat on a piece of cardboard or scrap coro

Drip Dry

Just one piece of advise. I believe if you have a magnet and it is going air at all that you have to mark it on the box so that they put it on a special are of the plane. I can't remember exactly it's been about two years since I have taken the IATA Dangerous goods shipping class. Might want to check it out. If a plane goes down because of your magnets you might not like the fine. Not even just that. If you ship it and don't mark it and they scan it and find out they could give you a $20,000 fine just for having to open up your package.

Is the sky falling ? I can hardly believe that the magnets we sell have a strong enough pull to even be noticed, let alone bring down a plane.

I have a similar situation. A customer is picking up a set of mags on monday. She is going to canada on tuesday and will be traveling with them. What advise should i give her?

Tell her to have a pleasant trip

S'N'S

Magnetic material comes off a roll.....just roll them up and put in a tube, tell customer to throw them on the fridge door when they get them home to straighten them. I really don't see what the big deal is.

J

john1

Magnetic material comes off a roll.....just roll them up and put in a tube, tell customer to throw them on the fridge door when they get them home to straighten them. I really don't see what the big deal is.

:thumb:

phototec

Although the magnetic material comes on a roll, it's the applied vinyl that I worry about, stretching by rolling up the material with the vinyl on the outside, and traveling in the back of a HOT UPS truck, then later laying the material flat could cause the vinyl to pucker up, of course this depends on how tightly you roll the material and the size and type of vinyl applied the the mag material, and how HOT it get during travel.

So, I always do as most have proclaimed here, and ship flat between two pieces of ridged material with slip sheet in between the set.

They key here is that although they sell a tube for storage, it's the heat in the back of the UPS trucks that travel across the US during this time of the year that can cause the damage.

:smile:

Jillbeans

That's what I was worried about, the heat while in the back of the truck (even though I used USPS)
I made a coro folder, with liner paper in between the two mags, and everything went fine.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd stop worrying and tell him to come pick them up, since they're such a hazard to flying.

:thumb: Give him a 10% discount for picking them up from so far away.​