• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop van design critique

Jim Doggett

here is all i have so far on a from scractch version taking in some of your suggestions, having trouble coming up with something more for the yellow background to match the main image...

Way better! Black background instead of yellow? My $0.02.

Jim

modernmav

I didnt want to do a black background because we want something thats going to be bright and eye catching, at least that was the idea behind it?

artsnletters

to me, the word "Wraps" is too illegible. it just kind of forms a big blob of shapes moving thru "Gulfport" and the copy under that. You know that the word is Wraps, but will the customer seeing it in a split second going down the road?
Tim

Jillbeans

You were actually somewhat close with the process blue color.
Maybe with some white in it.
Try making the red parts white in the logos, you don't want light blue touching red.
The yellow is too ketchup-n-mustard for my taste.

Malkin

I didnt want to do a black background because we want something thats going to be bright and eye catching, at least that was the idea behind it?

Ask yourself, do you want the logo bright & eye catching or the background bright & eye catching?

If they both are, than the eye cannot quickly distinguish what it sees, and the message is lost. Remember your audience only sees it for a few seconds, not hours like you do.

modernmav

Thats a very good point malkin, never really thought about it like that. thanks! i'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.

modernmav

here is where we are at now. went way back to basic trying to put the most emphasis on the logo & text. let me know what you guys think. Thanks!!

Attachments

• newvanwrapsmallproof2blue.jpg
    newvanwrapsmallproof2blue.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 61

Jillbeans

If you made all the lettering white, and made Gulfside and Signs white, it might help.
Phone number looks squished.

B Snyder

Lose the halftones, change GULFSIDE CUSTOM & SIGNS to white and increase the size of the blurry white outline around everything 100%.

Jillbeans

Adrian that looks like a ghost's ____.
:)
I have a feeling they will never change their logo, even if it means sacrificing their message.

modernmav

here is making the changes b snyder suggested. I also tried to fix the "a" in Wraps so it was more readable.

Attachments

• newvanwrapsmallproof3blue.jpg
    newvanwrapsmallproof3blue.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 78

B Snyder

I also suggested you lose the halftones.
I'll add that you might try changing "WRAPS" to yellow or silver/light grey.