• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I buy a UV printer sitting unused for a month?

Forty One

I have an option to purchase a DCS flat bed UV for nix at present.
I'm already aware I need to replace the head, but...
It's been sitting idle for a month. Am I going to need to do pumps, lines etc? Or should I not bother with it at all?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Run it and watch it in action, even without one of the heads working. We bought a demo unit and it had a full warranty, but I don't think I'd ever buy something like this used, unless it was gone over by a reputable tech.

rjssigns

First question to answer is if you have enough work to justify a flatbed or just want it. Second question you need to answer is if it's even worth fixing.
Talk to a DCS rep and ask what a worse case rebuild would cost. Then base your decision to purchase and base your offer on that.

GC Decor

Super Printer
I asked the other post but questions to ask
What generation print heads ??
This can meant $1k to $5k per print head Gen4-6??
How many heads ? 4,8,16 ?
What’s the cost of a new unit ??
What ink is included ??
Ink formulas make a huge difference. Some smell horrible and some don’t have a smelll but only last 6 months depending on the application.
Support ???
DCS hasn’t offered this unit for very long? In 2020 I didn’t see this system on there site so you have to look at the company track record and see if it stands up to times. Equipment replacement are extremely hard to get, we got out of the no name brands for this exact reason. A machine without parts is an expensive paper wait.