• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shred of paper stuck under L26500 carriage

Wilco

Hey all, our shop is having streaking problems with our hp l26500 again. The streaks look exactly like they did the last time we posted in this forum so I imagine it is caused by a small shred of paper under the carriage like last time. The person who was able to get the shred of paper unstuck last time no longer works here and I have no idea how he got the piece out. I've felt around the sides of the carriage and have pulled out the printheads to check around the inside of it and have been unable to find/feel whatever is causing the streaks.

Is there anyway to easily remove the carriage to check for something or what other tips can you think of to get something out?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Pro-tip: Stop getting paper stuck under the carriage. How does that even happen?

Bly

Head crash on paper will do it.
Turn the printer off when the carriage isn't parked and pull out the ph cleaning kit.

Head crash on paper will do it.
Turn the printer off when the carriage isn't parked and pull out the ph cleaning kit.

This the only way to easily get to the bottom of the carriage. Is the remove the cleaning kit and go in through the door. Will need a flashlight to look up in there though.

Wilco

I wasn't able to find any paper or anything obvious jammed in there. The print still looks like this

Attachments

• 20160712_121613.jpg
    20160712_121613.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 20160712_121618.jpg
    20160712_121618.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 171

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like ya have some big strands of banner fiber dragging behind ya. You should be able to see whatever is causing that from across the room. You might need a pliers to yank that thing out.

Seriously, can't you call the guy who did it before and ask him to either explain to you or hand him a few fins and tell him to come over after work today and show you. :popcorn:

Wilco

Unfortunately not. I'm looking and feeling for strings or something like that.

The letters in the picture are 2 inches tall.

MikePro

almost looks like your dragging metal across the freshly printed surface.
could the crash have been so bad as to have bent the prongs that lead the printhead carriage?

greysquirrel

Edge guards are typically used to prevent this from happening...check your heater settings...specifically curing temp...probably too high causing media buckle...

Wilco

Alright I experiment with turning down the curing temps a few times this morning and it seemed to make the problem worse.

Does anyone know someone in the Atlanta are we could pay to come look at this machine?