• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign company name.

signs2trade

We are sitting around the office..... talking about sign company names... This one came up and I actually like it.... Tell me do you think it's offensive.. The Sign Asylum............We are crazy about signs.........
Thank you...
Keith

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You might want to prepare for a bit of backlash, and don't expect any business from any mental health organizations.

JB

JoeBoomer

Go for it

I like it. Depends on which part of the country you're in. If you are in small town, you might get strung up. Large city, it's genius.

Baz

You might want to prepare for a bit of backlash, and don't expect any business from any mental health organizations.

JB

Everybody has to be offended at something .... Or at least pretend to be in order to get some free publicity!

OldPaint

did this back when corel 7.0 was new))))))was just messin round with names....and this is just a text idea.....hence black/white..helvetica)))

Attachments

• psyhic.jpg
    psyhic.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 149

T_K

I like the joke. But I'm not sure that making a joke into a business name is a sound idea. Using humorous names is a real hit and miss thing. So many variables - target audience, current events, design/graphics going along with it, physical location, etc., etc., etc.

That's part of the reason a lot of sign companies have rather boring variations of [word/name] Signs & Printing. It's tough to get something really creative that works well everywhere you take it.

rjssigns

Many years ago a good friend had Aaron Signs. Two A's got you top listing in the phone book.:cool:

Do they even make phone books anymore?

OldPaint

was one of the reasons my company name starts with an A..........A SIGN MINT.(for the phone book) also a play on words like you get an ASSIGNMENT to do a job......and i changed the MENT to MINT in reference to a place that makes money))) MINT......... A SIGN MINT
and this was my mobile sign shop SIGNS HERE & NOW(mobile division of a sign mint)

Attachments

• shop tk.jpg
    shop tk.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 116

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My favorite is a Texas sign company by the name of Justin Thyme Sign Co. My understanding is that it is his real name.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My favorite is a Texas sign company by the name of Justin Thyme Sign Co. My understanding is that it is his real name.

I'm sure his parents had something similar in mind when he was born, just not signs. Good thing he didn't become a cosmetologist at a funeral home.................. :Sleeping: Justin Thyme Funeral Home.