• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sign layout

WOODBS

This was sent to me from the school, the dimensions are 80" x 90" roughly. Ideas on substrate attached to block wall? Also on the layout..?

Attachments

• VHS TRACK RECORDS.jpg
    VHS TRACK RECORDS.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 87

Malkin

For a 1 piece I think you can get Sintra that big.
Be aware however, that it contains lead, which is released into the air when cut.

signgal

In Florida on a block wall, we'd use alumalite or MaxMetal and as far as layout goes, I've done one similar to this and you don't have a lot of options. I usually just get all the info into Flexi, break text lines so I can manipulate things and group them aesthetically until I get a cool mess, instead of a the hot mess we started with LOL

visualeyez

We do stuff like this pretty often. You want to make something that is easy to update. We use two methods, Cut vinyl on Sintra panels: This involves the customer bringing in the entire sign panel/s for vinyl removal and update. Or: you can do each record slot as a seperate detachable substrate. This way the customer can just remove the panels that need updated.
I would reccommend 2" letter height in 3" slots for something at this distance. Adjust sign panel size around X amount of 3" slots. I might even seperate this into 3 panels. 1 for mens track records, 1 for womens track records, and 1 for men/women field records.

I recently did an 8' x 10' black dibond record board with about 50 3" x 36" black acryllic record holders stud mounted with acorn nuts for easy removal. Looked amazing and the client loved it.

Your customers layout is junk. I would try to utilize the schools' two main colors. Use one color for substrate and the other for the vinyl (and possibly black or white).

Jillbeans

Someone needs to stop smashing fonts and using italics so much, layout wise.
As has been suggested, use school colors or logo.
That thing reads weird as heck, with the red EVENT section in the middle.

Make two seperate signs.

VANGUARD TRACK AND FIELD RECORDS
EVENT NAME YEAR TIME or DISTANCE

I would suggest Omegabond as a substrate, it comes in a 4'x10' size.
Since you could print, you could do something dark as a background and make the names and stuff in white, or on certain columns break it up with a transparancy over the background and make those items in a dark color.
I'd try and use full names rather than an initial.

Or...go really classy and make it look like an old-fashioned honours board.
Polished real wood background, names in gold leaf.
But definitely two signs.
Love....Jill