• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign post to Porch column

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I took from the experience of building this sign post ----> https://signs101.com/threads/das-haus.147279/#post-1399279

to creating covers for my front porch rusty iron columns

porch.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nice. How do the sunflowers fit it ??

Why is there a Christmas wreath hanging at the front door ??​

Gino

Premium Subscriber
+1 on the sunflowers
I don't have to ask about the wreath... Gonna
go out on a limb and say he takes as long as me to do home improvement work. Pic is from xmas

Ummm..... except trees don't look like that in Niagara Falls around Christmas time. :big laugh:

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
upload_2019-7-15_15-32-50.png

I woulda lined it up underneath the woodwork and spaces the others accordingly. The columns look solid though, definitely an improvement.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's most likely a visual thing between the camera and angle. You can see the door at the closest end is much larger than the actual front door, so things just appear larger as they get closer to you.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
That's most likely a visual thing between the camera and angle. You can see the door at the closest end is much larger than the actual front door, so things just appear larger as they get closer to you.

Nah, the woodwork on the gable is on the same plane as the front of the columns. If I was so motivated, I'd move 3 to match, one under each end of the gable, one center, and the last one to the left spaced evenly with the other 3.

Yea, I hear you Jburton. That kinda thing would irk me every day though until I fixed it haha

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Cant post anything without someone seeing something wrong.

Don't get me wrong...its a good thing to have 100 people looking at something trying to be the first to point something out. Maybe I should start proofing all my signs on here before production.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nah, the woodwork on the gable is on the same plane as the front of the columns. If I was so motivated, I'd move 3 to match, one under each end of the gable, one center, and the last one to the left spaced evenly with the other 3.

Yea, I hear you Jburton. That kinda thing would irk me every day though until I fixed it haha

I guess the post closet to us is the same size as the one down at the other end too, huh ?? It's Okay, wait for the OP to come back and steer us right. Unless the builder put the two end columns on both ends different to have a wider opening for the picture window, I'd say they are uniform with something.

equippaint

They look evenly spaced to me. You move the one then you gotta move the other 2 and then you have this wide gap going to the front door which would be out of sync with the walk way. Just tear the whole house down and do it right. I think Bob Vila lives up in your neck of the woods.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Cant post anything without someone seeing something wrong.

Don't get me wrong...its a good thing to have 100 people looking at something trying to be the first to point something out. Maybe I should start proofing all my signs on here before production.

If you proofed everything here, you wouldn't ever get through with revisions.:rolleyes: Much less ever get to production.
I never post stuff on here, I don't want to hear everyone bitchin about what they think I did wrong. I'm just glad my customers are happy. I don't care what everyone else thinks, just the guy writing the check.:D:D:D

mkmie

Lost Soul
That what she said.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I tried scrapping the first column and painting it black and it looked like a half asssed job, they needed to be sandblasted and that wasn't going to happen.

I then looked into cutting out the posts and putting in new ones but the cost was looking to be close to a grand and that wasn't going to happen.

$460 and about 4 days and I'm happy.

EDIT:

LOL, had to go look at what was on the door, it looks like a christmas wreath, but it's not, it's full of roses and blue flowers, must be some kinda of spring wreath.... walk past it every day and never looked at it...

Last edited: