• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 9 RIP?

player

Is anyone using the RIP from Signlab Print Cut 9? I bought it a year ago and have not used it, but I am wondering if it would be a good option for print cut with a Roland and a Summa cutter?

How are the profiles that come with Signlab? Do many of the vinyl manufacturers provide profiles for Signlab?

Techman

if you got the signlab 9 then you have all the profiles one needs. You just in stall the printer and get the profiles. Easy peasy.

Signlab is offering the $750 sale now,, get your full print and cut signlab of 750,, easy peasy.

player

Have you printed from it? I wonder how it would compare to Versaworks... How it would stack up against some of the dedicated RIPS. It would of course allow for all major printers and cutters?

heyskull

We have 6 computers all with Signlab 9.1 and much as I love Signlab, I have never got on with the RIP.
The colours always seem completely different than our Wasatch RIP and what it prints using the standard profiles is way out.
Many years ago I tried altering the profiles to get better matches but it was the most head battering thing ever.
Personally, out of the box profiles on Signlab do not work.

SC

heyskull

Yes I have tried 9.1s RIP and it is as bad as ever!!!
Colours do not match and a lot of the resolutions and print modes on my Mutoh Valuejet are not supported.

I would love to use Signlabs RIP.
But honestly I can understand having issues on a few colours but every colour you print of using one of Signlabs existing palette colours does not match.
I understand their will be differences between different RIPs but Signlab is like trying to print a base Cyan and it printing 30% Cyan.
Many years ago probably when it was Signlab 6 or 7 I spent a lot of time trying to make it print to some sort of colour match but after months of heartache I gave in.

SC

klemgraphics

I use the Signlab 9.1 RIP with a Epson 30670 and I love it, I don't have the color problems that others are describing but it may vary a lot depending on the printer too.