• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs 101 mobile?

Jillbeans

I can barely text let alone figure out how to access 101 with my phone. Don't get me wrong, I've tried it!
Love....Jill

animenick65

My Crackberry is less than a few months old and i want to upgrade already
although I'm not eligible yet. I might just pony up the $500.

That's a sick phone as you must already know. The storm sounds cool but I don't think people will go for something without a keyboard branded with the BB name. My only qualm about the bold is how much they charge for it. Build cost for the bold is around $170 yet they have the guts to charge $500 unsubsidized.

RobGF

you all are gona go blind workin on the tiny screens)))))

You can zoom, my friend. These devices were made in the century following the manufacture of your digital printer )))))))))))))))))

Rob

Attachments

• s101_mobile.jpg
    s101_mobile.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 106

Shovelhead

For Crackberry, I would also recommend PHONE FACE.
It is fun taking the customer's logos and having them pop up through this software.
It is somewhat difficult navigating to a person or customer to either call or send an email.

Shovelhead

You can zoom, my friend. These devices were made in the century following the manufacture of your digital printer )))))))))))))))))

Rob

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
.....and are more waterproof!!!!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

signguy95

I have the 8830, but hoping the storm comes out in in a couple weeks so I can swap my new 8830 to the storm!

Jay

Bigdawg

Just Me
Man I'm behind the times and had no idea... when I wrote this letter for my other boss (I did web sites for him) I had no idea that crackberry site was a big deal. We just got a kick that they made a contest out of it. BTW, everything I wrote in the letter is true!

When I've searched through google, I've come across the text version of this site. I need to figure out how to access it - I have a little Rumour and signs101 is rough to navigate on it.

Doyle

when you navigate to a site with Google mobile, it automatically adapts a web page for your phone, but does a horrible job.....

I would also be curious to see if there is a way to make this site optimized for mobile viewing..... I used to access it all the time with my nokia e61, but it was rather cumbersome scrolling side to side, etc.

I waiting for sprint to release another smartphone, as right now the only one I am interested in is the curve..... but I know that as soon as I buy it, something new will be released.

Doyle

It looks pretty current, but the posts are in ascending order, so you have to navigate to the very last post to see the most current..... THANKS

Bigdawg

Just Me
It looks pretty current, but the posts are in ascending order, so you have to navigate to the very last post to see the most current..... THANKS
Click on the little PDA in the right hand corner and it should sort correctly.

Doyle

Nevermind, just click the little "PDA" link in the top right corner, fixed that problem....

OldPaint

i can ZOOM TO...on my 19" wide screen MONITOR!!!
why do i want to try to read something on BUSINESS CARD SIZED SCREEN????

RobGF

i can ZOOM TO...on my 19" wide screen MONITOR!!!
why do i want to try to read something on BUSINESS CARD SIZED SCREEN????

Ah, but you were commenting on about the size of the smaller display being such that you one might go blind and not about the merits of your computer monitor. I merely pointed out that we have zoom on these devices.

Is a 19" monitor a superior viewing tool for signs101. Probably. But it's a hard thing to lug around when your in a waiting room, an airport, etc. Sometimes when a person is trapped in situations like that it is convenient to have access to data. In a more practical example, one might pose a question on S101 to which they are hoping of a quick response but at the same time they do not want to hover over their main workstation as there is weeding (or for traditional signmakers, brushwork) to be done.

Another member of signs101 pointed out another value to PDA's... He keeps his portfolio on his device... Very handy when somebody asks about signs when you're out and about and you have to do an impromptu sales/info pitch.

Just because you don't see the practical value of a device doesn't mean there isn't one :)

Rob

ps: All comments are mostly tongue in cheek ;)