Since You guys were so Good with The Black

TheMattMan

What are you guys using to get the best Red. I have been mixing and changing reds for a while now and most of them seem to be either too washed out - too orange -- or too dark.. I cannot find a really good red. If you have some CMYK numbers please toss them out to me.

Thanks,

Matt

Checkers

Actually, Pantone's 185 red quite common and is 100% M & 76% Y :)
If you're using corel to design, start using your PMS color pallet. You'll end up with much more accurate colors - assuming you're using the right profiles.

Checkers

TheMattMan

I have a full Pantone Chart Printed out from my roland but even 185 doesn't print correctly. It is more orange. i have been making my own reds but none of them are really great... I would have thought Plain Red would not be that hard hit but this machine has never hit a really good red.

Goofball

Glad to hear someone else is having the same problem. Want one harder than red, try getting a good looking gold that doesn't turn green in low light conditions. I've been trying for a week to get a good true red. If you figure something out, let me know. If I figure something out I'll do the same.

thewood

We print a fantastic bright red with 0/100/100/0. If this is too orange, try adding 1-5% Cyan. Keep in mind that your output relies on printer, inks, rip, media, profiles, etc.!

Drip Dry

TheMattMan said:
What are you guys using to get the best Red. I have been mixing and changing reds for a while now and most of them seem to be either too washed out - too orange -- or too dark.. I cannot find a really good red. If you have some CMYK numbers please toss them out to me.

Thanks,

Matt

What are you printing from ?

Flexi , Corel, Versaworks ?

Is it a versacam or soljet ?

Jim

TheMattMan

I am printing mostly from Corel X3 on a 540V.

I did some test making my own colors and so far the best red has been
C=2 M= 100 Y=100 K= 5

It puts out a really nice Red that isn't too dark or too orange.