• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Site warning

preston

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but when I click on the "Signs 101 Merchant Member Directory" http://www.signs101.com/pp-classifieds/merchant-member-directory/index21.html I get this warning.

signs101.png

I have gotten this warning on one of my sites before and was due to some hacker inserting some code somewhere. Google ended up shutting down all access to the site before I got it fixed and then I had to request they look at the site again before the warnings where removed. Just thought I would let you know so you can check into it before that warning ends up on the entire site here.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I am not getting it now or any of the several times a day I go into the various parts of the Merchant Directory. It will be appreciated if anyone else will also check this out.

Thank you.

RJ California

The warning itself is a virus, -- don't press anything. Just my hunch from something that happened to us about a year ago.

preston

The warning is being issued by my firewall and anti virus software. It just seems to be on that one url. I do not get it on other parts of the site.

I only brought this up because I had the same thing happen on one of my sites a few months back. It was a site that got little use so I kind of forgot about it. Then one day I went to the site and found that google had shut the site down. I guess they report it to whom ever and they disable the URL and all you get is a google shut the site down for your protection type message. I had to reload the site from a backup and then go to the google webmaster tools and request that google re-evaluate the site. That took about a day before they cleared the site and opened it back up for traffic.

I would suspect that something has either been added to the index.php on that url or one or more of the files that the index.php calls.

preston

I am not getting it now or any of the several times a day I go into the various parts of the Merchant Directory. It will be appreciated if anyone else will also check this out.

Thank you.

Fred, Have someone else that is using Zone Alarm security suite try the url and see if they get the same warning.

iSign

all good from here.

I had my site hacked earlier this year & my web designer got with the host & resolved the problem. He also sent me this LINK to show me how widespread this sort of thing has become...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen it here at s101 yet, but I have seen that warning somewhere.... I just don't remember where.

I did what RJ said and totally ignored it.