• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slim light boxes. interior.

petesign

I have a client who wants to backlight some prints in his windows. Going with a translucent film on the window doesnt appeal to him, he wants a slim backlit cabinet hung in there. The windows measure 36"x36" and I am having a hard time finding a wholesale supplier of these things. Anyone had any luck with these for retail establishments?

Thanks!
-Pete

WVB

Not to hijack your thread but I was looking for something similar. Only they have refrigerators for wine/spirits etc. The top piece is white lexan that they want blacked out w/ only the words wine-spirts to be lit in a yellow/gold color. I am not sure how this is done. Black cast vinyl w/ letters cut out then translucent vinyl applied inside of that? If so how do you keep the white from showing between the two? Or is it all just printed as one? Feels like two pieces to me.

iSign

I still need a source too.
I was given THIS link on a recent similar thread... although it's not what I was looking for, maybe your client would be interested

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
3M makes a "LED light mat", allows for as low as 2.5" deep iirc... LEDs are placed in a grid on a rubber mat, flexible, really cool idea, not for cheapskates ;)