• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slotted Holes

Mosh

Anyone have a good way of making slotted holes in .040 blanks?
We use a hand punch all the time to make regular holes. My welder has a slotted punch on his iron worker, just wondering if anyone has a hand punch that does slotted holes?

iSign

nope.. got no clue, but I like the sound of the hand punch for round holes... what's something like that cost?

I'm gonna glom on to this thread with a semi-related question of my own... I gotta mount ten 6x24" aluminum signs to a T-Stake post & that's 20 more pesk nut, bolt, and lock washer sets then I feel like messing with... has anyone invented a quick-connect locking pin for such lightweight demands like this? I'm picturing something like those barbed plastic pins used in automotive interiors so often... I've used zip-ties, but looking for a cleaner solution, and one not so easily damaged by sharp metal holes

Gene@mpls

Doug & Mosh- you really need both of the Roper-Whitney punches on this page-
they are quality tools- I have 2 of the jr's and one of the XXs with the
holddown brackets. Also have a couple cheap (Harbor Freight) punches for
light duty use. It is handy to be able to leave the good ones set for the
most common sizes. Here is one of the jigs I use... this one can be configured
to punch the short side of 12x18 blanks and corners of any blank.

PS- farther down on the web page there are slot punches and dies for both
units.

Attachments

• R_W punch 3.10.jpg
    R_W punch 3.10.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 133

Malkin

We have a unit like the blue handled one in Gene's picture. Works pretty good when we need it.