• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small sandblasted signs with colors

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
For that size I would offer the customer 2 version.

Inexpensive - digital print on ACM/dibond
or
Expensive - Gemini cast metal and painted plaque.

Marlene

For that size I would offer the customer 2 version.

Inexpensive - digital print on ACM/dibond
or
Expensive - Gemini cast metal and painted plaque.

the Gemini plaque is a pretty good idea and the price would be about the same as a sandblasted sign

Drip Dry

One last time.

You want dimension/relief, but you don't want to listen to reason, so do it your way and prove me wrong. I have nothing to lose. Even some hobbyist doing this in his little sandblast box with tiny grit is not gonna do this. .

excuse me Sir... Where do I say I won't listen to reason ? I thought we were discussing options here. I didn't realize it was your way or the highway. Please understand that I have appreciated your advice up to this point.

If you think I'm not listening, then ignore me

Gino

Premium Subscriber
excuse me Sir... Where do I say I won't listen to reason ? I thought we were discussing options here. I didn't realize it was your way or the highway. Please understand that I have appreciated your advice up to this point.

If you think I'm not listening, then ignore me

Good bye. No excuses necessary. Just suffice it to say, you want to sandblast and are set on that, so just go do it. Discussion of options are very limited, but you want to beat a dead horse, until someone agrees with you. Sooooo, go blast it and good riddens. See, I can be as rude as you.

There's no highway here. Take my advice/options/dumb talk and throw it out the window. It means nothing. I've never sandblasted a thing in my life, so I know not what I am suggesting.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll hand them something they'll remember for a long time. :rock-n-roll:

Drip Dry

if you blasted the black and the green on HDU, the strokes of the letters may be too thin to look right or work. if you put a stroke around them to fatten them up and surface painted all the details, it might work. I have a company in NY that does our sandblasted signs. they aren't merchant members here so not sure if I can post the compnay in the thread

Could you explain a little more. Which letters are you talking about to fatten up ?
"Viper nest" or "FDNY" or both ?

Thanks

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Good bye. No excuses necessary. Just suffice it to say, you want to sandblast and are set on that, so just go do it. Discussion of options are very limited, but you want to beat a dead horse, until someone agrees with you. Sooooo, go blast it and good riddens. See, I can be as rude as you.

There's no highway here. Take my advice/options/dumb talk and throw it out the window. It means nothing. I've never sandblasted a thing in my life, so I know not what I am suggesting.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll hand them something they'll remember for a long time. :rock-n-roll:

I don't think it's his fault that the customer already has an idea of what they want in their head and have ordered it previously, he's just 1. seeing if it would work, and 2. what options he has. I liked your idea as well but you sound awfully pissed off that he didn't just take your advice and do it when it's a customer and not a personal project.

Good luck with your project DripDry, it's definitely pretty small to sandblast but it seems like you're getting it figured out by getting the customer to remove some detail. Some customers you just can't change their mind but most will adapt.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think it's his fault that the customer already has an idea of what they want in their head and have ordered it previously, he's just 1. seeing if it would work, and 2. what options he has. I liked your idea as well but you sound awfully pissed off that he didn't just take your advice and do it when it's a customer and not a personal project.

Good luck with your project DripDry, it's definitely pretty small to sandblast but it seems like you're getting it figured out by getting the customer to remove some detail. Some customers you just can't change their mind but most will adapt.

Now wait a minute...... who is the professional in the OPs situation ?? It's his position to know what is possible or not in his own profession. The customer can.... and may dictate particular guidelines, but you hafta steer them back on course. I could care less if he does what I say or any other suggestions, but for quite a while, he's been bouncing all around and hasn't really taken any advice from anyone. He's just looking for someone to back his ideas, but no one has. How long can anyone continue to bang their head looking for one agreement and look into other options. You wanna agree with him..... feel free. You realize we're talking about a job worth somewhere between $250 and $400 and he's spent $500 on looking for guidance on something he has no clue about. So, where 8r..... do you cut your loses ??

This is a place to learn, but the OP is not learning..... he is dictating, but sinking. You wanna just help him sink slower.

The poor guy needs to change his direction, not necessarily in my direction, but his present course is headed for doom. Can I help ?? Perhaps. Can your post ?? Nope, not at all.