• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

small yard signs

Creative Ink

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for small yard signs. My husband has a landscaping and irrigation business and i'd like to make some really pretty signs to say something to the effect of
This yard is landscaped and maintained by _______ i'd like to have something really nice with graphics not like the ones on metal wire stands :D I was thinking of printing with the versacamm but not sure how or what to use to hold it.
Sorry if this is a noob question lol

Thanks

Cilya

you can use cheap corro or better still aluminum blanks. we use alu blanks with a nice sturdy black stake stand. you can design and word whatever you want for your husbands business and apply it to the blank.....easy

Circleville Signs

OK - Gonna answer your questions first...Then follow up with some advice.

Those are called Yard Signs. Standard size is 18"x24" and you can get them by the case from your susbtrate supplier (usually in cases of 100).

The ones with "metal wire stands" are what you want, unless you want your cost to exceed what makes sense, which is just silly for this type of disposable signage.

Now - here comes the advice.

If you dont' know what yard signs are, or that you need to use wire stakes for them in this type of application, then why in the hell do you own a digital printer?

This is day 1, basic, learning the sign business stuff. It isn't a question that you should be asking AFTER you have invested in all the equipment...

Creative Ink

Yes i do know what Yard Signs are i was only specifying that i was looking at the small ones, not larger ones that i have seen. I also understand that many of them use the metal stands but i want something a bit sturdier that will endure for clients that he has had for a long time and will continue to have. I was wondering if there were any wooden options to replace the metal wire. I do not own the Roland yet I'm just trying to research what its capabilities are. Thanks very much for the info i'll keep looking :D
Exactly what i was looking for :D
Cilya

Last edited:

Mosh

So...your not in the sign biz?

Yard signs are also make from aluminum with an angle iron from/post....

Creative Ink

I am trying to do research before purchasing my machine. I want to be able to offer signs to my clients as well as apparel, decals, clings etc. Thats why i'm here to learn and see if i think it's something i'll be capable of before spending thousands of dollars :D
Cilya

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Have you ever been to a sign expo? There is one coming up which you could easily drive to and get some much needed info on your trade.

sfr table hockey

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for small yard signs. My husband has a landscaping and irrigation business and i'd like to make some really pretty signs to say something to the effect of
This yard is landscaped and maintained by _______ i'd like to have something really nice with graphics not like the ones on metal wire stands :D I was thinking of printing with the versacamm but not sure how or what to use to hold it.
Sorry if this is a noob question lol

Thanks

Cilya

Things to think about:

Do you want someone to design the layout or do you want to try on your own? There are some here who will do that and at a very fair rate.

How big do you want the sign to be?

How long do you want them to last?

How much do you want to spend on each one?

These questions may help to determine what may work. Coro sign and wire stake may be cheaper but not the look you are after.

J

john1

You mean just because i have a printer doesn't mean i'm a sign expert? DAMN!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Creative, I think you're doing the right thing as far as your approach to getting a printer.

For the most part, most members here will tell you to farm your work out and see what direction your business will take you and then what printer/cutter will be best suited for you, instead of just going out and blindly buying anything.

I think what most here are hinting towards is that you're on a sign forum for sign professionals and are looking at how to, where to and what if kinda questions. You don't come across as any part of the industry and want to skirt around buying locally. So, probably if you discussed the various printers, cutters, software and such that you've been looking into, it would ease up a lot of inquiring minds around here..... including myself.

:wink: