• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Snark-Free Response Forum

Do you want a SNARK-FREE forum?

• I want and would contribute to the Snark Free Discussions

Votes: 41 29.9%
  • SNARKYNESS FOREVER. Grow a thicker skin, newb!

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Snark-free is okay with me. I'll just ingore the discussions I can't be positive on.

Votes: 35 25.5%

• Total voters

Vinylman

BAN THE NEWBs!!

Here I sit early on a dreary Saturday morning in N.E. Ohio, and what am I doing???

Responding to a thread that amuses, and dismays' me on several levels.

To begin, the original thread seemed to run its' usual two - three day course, then drifted into never never land with ddarlak's closing shot
"If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus it's you.

that is a great line....

I would guess i'm a snarker, but i'm a snarker in real life too, so ignore me in cyberspace as well as real life and we'll both be better off....." posted on 9-13-2013 @ 11:04 AM.

One would think that would be the close on THAT ridiculous rant thread....

AH! But NO young grass hopper.

Along comes our very own " Asuma01", a young college freshman. New to our hallowed campus of wisdom and knowledge, but perhaps wise beyond his young life here. Young Asuma01 opens a long closed door to a shadowy, seldom used, and securely sealed, inner sanctum where-in lurk the darkest of sign wizard secrets.

Whether "Asuma01" was looking for a fight, {something the wizards of Signs 101 frown upon}, or just from the bowels of his own naivety, has yet to be determined. But the delay of 210 days has done little to protect young Asuma01 from his own Snarking.

Our young turd stirrer continues on his personal mission to create his very own Politically Correct zone all the while ruffling the feathers of the mature roosters already living comfortably in this little barn yard with a false sense of security that their tenure here provides protection from such blatant obfuscation of their aforementioned control.

As this thread continues its' out of control spin into the outer reaches of cyber space, young Asuma01 continues to place his dysfunctional oar in the murky quagmire of mental ooze know as the knowledge base of Signs 101.

I chuckle openly, yet as I muse over the lack of understanding displayed by both sides of this issue of "Snark", my heart is broken at the lack of humanity that is displayed by BOTH sides of the discussion.

As a now nearly forgotten black man from the state of California said many many years ago, [video=youtube;1sONfxPCTU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1sONfxPCTU0[/video]

We can only HOPE!

Will a similar fate befall young Asuma01 as that which came to the life of Rodney?

We can only HOPE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Dalton

I'm sure psychologists could explain why some people need to be snarky, but I've always just viewed it as a waste of time as it becomes a drag on any conversation. In much of the "real world" the closet snarky people are too scared of getting punched in the face to share their snarky comments. The relative anonymity of forum posts makes it an easy and entertaining target for snarky comments (if thats your thing).

I have run into certain places in the real world where being snarky is as common as it is online. I'm a regular poker player and in poker rooms across the USA you'll find snarky comments with strangers to be a very common occurrence. That is why so many poker players wear head phones and online poker rooms have a "chat mute" button.

The forums are a bit behind and should make an "ostracize" feature. If you "ostracize" another user they can no longer read or respond to any of the topics that you start. Then it would be a little more like what happens to the snarky people in the real world where people simply ostracize them from the group of people that they associate with. I'd vote for an "ostracize" feature.

T

Billct2

Actually that does exist, I pretty sure you can block anyone you want to. But for most of those involved in these spitting contests that would ruin their "fun"

Tom Dalton

By the way. I love snark in some places. eg: when duly directed at something and note someone AND it needs to be funny and not insulting. The item reviews of this Amazon item are one of the best examples of funny snark ever assembled.

Marlene

By the way. I love snark in some places. eg: when duly directed at something and note someone AND it needs to be funny and not insulting. The item reviews of this Amazon item are one of the best examples of funny snark ever assembled. ]

love the Amazon reviews and follow George Takei's reviews as they are the best

Last edited by a moderator:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
By the way. I love snark in some places. eg: when duly directed at something and note someone AND it needs to be funny and not insulting. The item reviews of this Amazon item are one of the best examples of funny snark ever assembled.

Please describe the pertinent differences between the behavior of inanimate objects and the behavior of human beings that makes the former fodder for sarcasm but grants the latter immunity from same.

Marlene

Please describe the pertinent differences between the behavior of inanimate objects and the behavior of human beings that makes the former fodder for sarcasm but grants the latter immunity from same. ]

maybe because no plastic pickle whistle ever had hurt feeling when being compared to a Justin Beiber CD

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
maybe because no plastic pickle whistle ever had hurt feeling when being compared to a Justin Beiber CD

Feelings? That's it? Really? I should think that that would be the point.

If you read something that hurts your delicate feelings, deal with it. No one else on the planet cares. Paraphrasing the character C.K. Hornbeck in the play 'Inherit The Wind': "It's the job of sarcasm to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable." [The original line used 'the press' in place of 'sarcasm' but either works quite well]. Sarcasm is an art that everyone attempts but few display any actual talent for it.

sardocs

love the Amazon reviews and follow George Takei's reviews as they are the best

Hey Marlene - The George Takei site came to the rescue of my daughter when she went to Comiccon in San Diego as Duela Dent (a somewhat obscure comic book character), and someone took one of the many photos snapped of her and made a snarky meme. George put it on his site with an even snarkier comment about the creator of the meme. Then about 200,000 site members snarked livin' snark out of of that snarkster.

JBusch260

Hey Marlene - The George Takei site came to the rescue of my daughter when she went to Comiccon in San Diego as Duela Dent (a somewhat obscure comic book character), and someone took one of the many photos snapped of her and made a snarky meme. George put it on his site with an even snarkier comment about the creator of the meme. Then about 200,000 site members snarked livin' snark out of of that snarkster.

That was your daughter?? That costume was great! Well done.

Marlene

George Takei is an awesome person. he is the king of snark as he knows when and when not to snark and that is the key to good snarking.