• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soaking print heads XC-540?

DIGITAL360

Black print head not firing fully so will like to soak it over night to see if that helps. The question is do i turn off the (SUBPOWER) off and move the print head carriage manually to the left so able to fill capstation with cleaning solution then move carriage back over capstaion and sit over night with (SUBPOWER) still off until tomorrow? If that not the proper way, good advice will be greatly appreciated :smile:

artbot

if you turn off sub fill all the caps. check back about 30 minutes later to make sure that the fluid is holding. different machine's pumps have different stop positions. i don't know if roland caps hold fluid without shutting off the pump line with a clamp or valve.

if you can shut off vacuum to that cap only, you can fill that cap and let the others refresh as usual.

DIGITAL360

Thanks Artbot. i will try that and see if it drains or not. i would like to change the "(Ink Drain foam pad) while im at it. the foam pad is roughly 2.25" high and wide that is in the machine now but dont know if its folded or not. Roland supplied me with a (Ink Drain foam pad) that is 2.25" High by 8.25" wide. do u know if im suppose to fold it to fit in there or have to cut it to size to have it fit?

cdiesel

Yeah, the spit sponge should not be altered to fit. Also make sure to change out the T sponge that's under the spit sponge. This helps wick the ink away from the sponge and down the drain line.