• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Question.

DNG247

Hello everyone. I hope everyone had a good year... So my question is.

I just upgraded to a Mutoh VJ-1624X and wanted to know whats is a good software/rip to use. I do all my designing in illustrator and photoshop. I will also be getting a Summa S2 T140 and would like software that would work with print and cut. I am coming from the Roland platform. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Saturn

Aging Member
I would give Flexi a shot. They have a $59/69 per month sub that you can trial and turn on/off at will. I used it effectively with my Mutoh and Summa up until I bought an Epson that came bundled with Onyx. Onyx is a great fast RIP, but I do still think Flexi had a tiny bit of an edge in control over how things are setup for cutting.... Both will require you to pound your head on the desk a bit as you learn their ins-and-outs. I think Onyx's monthly plan is ~$100.

rjssigns

If you bought the printer new it should have come with Mutoh Flexi. If it didn't ask the person you bought it from where it is since it is of no use to them.
Only thing with the Mutoh version of Flexi is it only works with Graphtec plotters. Not a deal breaker since you need to buy a plotter anyway.

I've run a lot of RIPs and still do, Flexi Pro is my choice. For my shop it works fantastic with layout and banging out the simple day to day work. YMMV

DNG247

Regularly Mutoh bundles their printers with Flexi or Onyx. But most RIP-Softwares supports Mutoh Printers and contour printing with Summa Cutters.
I purchased it used. They are going to give me flexi 12 but not sure if its will be the best possible choice.

Saturn

Aging Member
I purchased it used. They are going to give me flexi 12 but not sure if its will be the best possible choice.

Flexi 12 should be a great option if it's free! Since you're designing in Adobe (and assuming that's where you're making the cut lines), there's not a lot of features you'd be missing out on. If you thought you needed something newer, you can test a month of the latest version right alongside the 12 install.

DNG247

Flexi 12 should be a great option if it's free! Since you're designing in Adobe (and assuming that's where you're making the cut lines), there's not a lot of features you'd be missing out on. If you thought you needed something newer, you can test a month of the latest version right alongside the 12 install.
Thanks for the info.

DNG247

Thanks guys. Prob going with Flexi sub for now till I save up on getting the stand alone. Prob in a couple of months.

netsol

Thanks for the info.
You could try contacting mutoh, see if they can provide the flexi key that is for your serial number
The worse they can sy is no

If you get a profuct key, request media replacememt (roland charges between $15-$20 for a disk replacement when their agreement allows)

DNG247

You could try contacting mutoh, see if they can provide the flexi key that is for your serial number
The worse they can sy is no

If you get a profuct key, request media replacememt (roland charges between $15-$20 for a disk replacement when their agreement allows)
Thank you I'm going to have to try that.

JenHess

Wasatch works quite well with Mutoh for me and I am able to do multiple variable data files with it. I have also heard that Ergo soft is another good program.