• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solved-Any way install FineCut without original CD?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Oops. Hard to understand why Mamaki manages FC like this way. It's really free for Mimaki's cutter users and their website just have trial version for download?????!!!!

i never had any experience with fine cut, but you and mimaki have yo follow the software agreement with finecut. you can try contacting them and making a "media replacement request" for lost or damaged disk. for can then offer to provide an "affidavit of destruction" which often satisfies the EULA. software agreements often restrict the wayba manufacturer can distribute software and drivers (hp is a prime example, carly fiarina thought she was saving money while she tried to single handedly destroy hp)

again, no experience with mimaki or finecut, but i have done this MANY times with other manufacturers and software companies. give this approach a try, be ready with product key and possibly machine serial number. (is your machine registered to you on the website?)

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I have two suggestions: try and label a blank CD or a backup copy CD as FCCDv76_FCAIIv76
(which translates as the initials of Fine Cut Corel Draw version 7.6 & Fine Cut Adobe Illustrator same version, but I can;t say why there are two Is or is it an eye and an el ?)
Try serial issuance FC9-3650881. That's the number ours generated for me, but I don't know if it is locked to the hard drive serial number or anything like that. All I can say is it worked for me after I got the dot net 2.5 & 3.0 installed from the Win10 setup usb key.
(FC didn't need net 2.5 & 3.0, but the serial number issuance program needed them)

jimmmi

I have two suggestions: try and label a blank CD or a backup copy CD as FCCDv76_FCAIIv76
(which translates as the initials of Fine Cut Corel Draw version 7.6 & Fine Cut Adobe Illustrator same version, but I can;t say why there are two Is or is it an eye and an el ?)
Try serial issuance FC9-3650881. That's the number ours generated for me, but I don't know if it is locked to the hard drive serial number or anything like that. All I can say is it worked for me after I got the dot net 2.5 & 3.0 installed from the Win10 setup usb key.
(FC didn't need net 2.5 & 3.0, but the serial number issuance program needed them)
I will try this with the cd also. Distributor told me that the original cd can produce many serial numbers. The second method probably wont work, i think the serial is different on every pc despite using the same cd.

jimmmi

i never had any experience with fine cut, but you and mimaki have yo follow the software agreement with finecut. you can try contacting them and making a "media replacement request" for lost or damaged disk. for can then offer to provide an "affidavit of destruction" which often satisfies the EULA. software agreements often restrict the wayba manufacturer can distribute software and drivers (hp is a prime example, carly fiarina thought she was saving money while she tried to single handedly destroy hp)

again, no experience with mimaki or finecut, but i have done this MANY times with other manufacturers and software companies. give this approach a try, be ready with product key and possibly machine serial number. (is your machine registered to you on the website?)
Called distributor again and told me one more time that cannot replace but buy it again.
In my opinion, finecut, cutting master and other dedicated software, should be machine serial related. If you have the cutter for example, just use the serial number and activate the software. That simple.

jimmmi

Update - after a friend from here sent me an iso of the finecut, i mounted, and immediately the finecut 9 serial application provided me the serial. So probably it has to do with name of the cd.
Thanks for everyone's help

Last edited:

Fandi Arbianto

Update - after a friend from here sent me an iso of the finecut, i mounted, and immediately the finecut 9 serial application provided me the serial. So probably it has to do with name of the cd.
jimmmi, can u share with me the iso ? thanks!

CUPSNMORE

Just sent you a message But would Love to get a copy of the iso file. Thank you

GB2

Old Member
It works with a mounted ISO Disc Image of the original DVD. Tested it myself. So if you know someone who have a disc, just let them create a disc image to download.
What is a "mounted ISO Disc Image"? What is this ISO you are all talking about?

CUPSNMORE

mount an ISO file means to access its contents as if it was recorded on a physical medium and then inserted in the optical drive. If you downloaded a software in the form of an ISO image and want to install it, mounting it will be faster and easier than recording it on an actual disc.

TheLuckiestMan4

I've burned a cd named FineCut8 with the content of the original CD but didn't recognize it either. I have backup of the CD but doesn't work. Asks original for some reason. Also i dont understand why Finecut the works only with Mimaki, and its a Mimaki product, needs serial.
Hi.
The correct format of the name is
FCCDv84_FCAIIv84
It worked for me

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Hmm... although we have an original CD, it is broken in the centre- cracked physicaly.
I managed to get FC running on a new Win7 PC with Corel X5, after I took the 'serial issuance number' that it generated for me, on the previous PC that had died due to old age. (I had saved the number) That suggests it is not a number locked to the machine's hardware.

The odd thing is there is a fresh version of FC, depending on which version of Corel you are using, and which version of Windows you are using. You need to have a few of them.
I have gone back to running the plotter from a dedicated Win7 machine, not connected to the internet - Just like our Roland plotter.

Once you get it running, the Mimaki is a great plotter.

Bert Wondervan

Hello, lost the original cd of finecut 8 and for upgrade to 9 is needed. Also even 8 cannot be installed. Any help?
Have you ever tried to search eBay or Google? I found this on eBay, maybe it will help:

hbmike

Is there anyway I can get someone to send me that iso file. I've lost my disc during our move. Mimaki is nuts with what they want for a replacement.