• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SPANISH FONT

HTGR505b

Can anyone please help me in downloading a spanish font. More of my customers are requesting english and spanish translations. Thank you for this assistance.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Wouldn't the alphabet we commonly use be considered Italian? It's one of the stubborn hold-overs of the Roman empire.

Boudica said:
If you use Adobe CC you can filter and select specific languages and writing systems in the online font resource.

I don't think the search filter at Adobe Fonts' website works very well. When I select "English" in the "language and writing systems" in the search filter it fails to hide the dozens of Asian fonts Adobe continues to add to the library. Just about any halfway decent font file will contain the diacritical marks for Western and Eastern European languages.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've never really used that "feature" I just noticed it the other day while I was in there looking for something to use besides Arial.

Johnny Best

Wouldn't the alphabet we commonly use be considered Italian? It's one of the stubborn hold-overs of the Roman empire.
No. Albrecht Durer, german, drew out the upper case letters he saw on Roman temples in the 1500s.
But in 800AD a upper and lower case was called the Carolingian alphabet which Times Roman is taken from.
Use to have a book by Durer, The Shaping of Letters, but I have no idea where that has gone.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Musta been one of gutenberg's first books made after the bible was out on the market's best seller list.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I'm confused. Why would a sign person need help downloading a font?
I was just hoping the OP was having terminology issues, and meant he needed help "finding" (not downloading). But either way.... the font wont help with the translating.

rjssigns

I was just hoping the OP was having terminology issues, and meant he needed help "finding" (not downloading). But either way.... the font wont help with the translating.
Makes sense. Translations are tricky. Rare occasion we've needed something translated my wife contacted the university and asked.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I could never get it to work right in Corel.
In Illy, all you need to do is open the glyph table, select the glyph, and then hit the copy button in the glyph window. Next, all you need to do is position your cursor within said line of text and paste. I believe you can also use ASCII protocols to insert glyphs.

JB

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Maybe you need an ALT CODE list like the one I just attached here. Otherwise, when you type, you need to use the insert character function in Flexi.

Attachments

• ALT_CODES.jpg
    ALT_CODES.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 77

AndersHerp

Something, something Dark Side
No. Albrecht Durer, german, drew out the upper case letters he saw on Roman temples in the 1500s.
But in 800AD a upper and lower case was called the Carolingian alphabet which Times Roman is taken from.
Use to have a book by Durer, The Shaping of Letters, but I have no idea where that has gone.
I love Durer, I am now going to look for this book!