• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spin King...sign spinners

Craig Sjoquist

This town has several all the time ..even have my own version I'm trying to market http://www.mopedalads.com .. responses are good so far, building one that tows behind my bicycle since this one did not work ..lol but I can walk with it.

The reason they are popular.. the city and county do not want business to advertise if they are small or not to there liking or not generating big tax dollars or do not look pretty for tourist

They have an ordinance against the spinners in my town. I'm not sure it's legal, seems like a violation of freedom of speach, but no one to my knowledge has challenged the town ordinance. I think the fine is $100 per spinner per day.

Surrounding towns have no such ordinances and I see them occasionally... It does grab peoples attention.

signgal

We just had a huge thing about it in our city... they were illegal, now you can have "human signs" with a permit and they are not permitted to gyrate, spin, dance or otherwise distract drivers. One of our customers got that much because he found cases in other area where they were sued and won. We'll see where it goes from there.

ratchet

This town has several all the time ..even have my own version I'm trying to market http://www.mopedalads.com .. responses are good so far, building one that tows behind my bicycle since this one did not work ..lol but I can walk with it.

The reason they are popular.. the city and county do not want business to advertise if they are small or not to there liking or not generating big tax dollars or do not look pretty for tourist

There's a company here that does that sort of thing.
They have a fleet of piaggio mp3's that drive around in the summer evenings, towing mobile billboards (although I haven't seen them out yet this year)

Clear Choice

UPDATE: I found no one selling Spinner Sign Blanks.
Only a few of the sign supply CSRs even knew what I was talking about.

Sizes are all over the place. Anywhere from 16"x36" up to 24" x 48"
10 mil coro is what is often used with either printed vinyl or cut vinyl.
Flute direction doesn't seem to matter.
Most signs are 2 sides.
The edges all around are taped (Duct Tape?) to prevent cuts from the plastic.
Some have arrow ends, others don't.

So, I had Harbor cut down a 4'x8' sheet into 5 pieces and we'll go
from there. This is for a civic club function...so it's just for fun.

Hope this info will save research time for others trying to make up a few.

Clear Choice

And, here they are! Yes, they were a bit of work.
There's someone selling them on the E-B auction for $75 plus $25 shipping...worth every penny!

The 10 mil coro needed the burrs smoothed off the cut edges before I even started. I made them 2 sided, used cut vinyl on three and printed adhesive vinyl for the 4th. The digital print was much faster to apply. Covered all the edges with colored duct tape. We should be able to use them for many years to come.

The weather was hot and the kids wore out quickly...BUT, the spinners stood out....even with the kids just sitting on a chair holding the spinners up.

Another learning experience!!!

Sue

Attachments

• Rummage_Sale_Spinners.jpg
    Rummage_Sale_Spinners.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 127