• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stadium Light pole Mounted Sign

Signscorp

We're looking at doing a 8' diameter logomark on a stadium lightpost. The idea is if the batter hits it, everyone in the stadium gets a prize.

I'm thinking two 8 ft ACP sheets, braced on the back with 6 pieces of 1" aluminum angle. Does anyone have suggestions for mounting it onto the post? The post is aprox 12" in diameter.

1651619209084.png

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We're looking at doing a 8' diameter logomark on a stadium lightpost. The idea is if the batter hits it, everyone in the stadium gets a prize.

I'm thinking two 8 ft ACP sheets, braced on the back with 6 pieces of 1" aluminum angle. Does anyone have suggestions for mounting it onto the post? The post is aprox 12" in diameter.

View attachment 159278
Just make sure the prize isn't a sign falling on their head.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We used a series of Aluminum angle along the back of the sign using carriage bolts for a very similar sign. I think he was around 4'x8'. We clamped the angle to the poles with some very large heavy duty "hose clamps". Worked fine for years even after heavy windstorms damaged almost every other sign there at the stadium.

Attachments

• jetsguy.jpg
    jetsguy.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 116

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Call on hobbytown.... a very knowledgeable member here at s101. She seems to have all the answers these days. If she can't help, gnubbins can. She too, has a great insight on these matters. Most of us old-timers don't know anymore. We just ramble.

Signscorp

We used a series of Aluminum angle along the back of the sign using carriage bolts for a very similar sign. I think he was around 4'x8'. We clamped the angle to the poles with some very large heavy duty "hose clamps". Worked fine for years even after heavy windstorms damaged almost every other sign there at the stadium.
Nice that looks ideal. Thanks we were already planning on doing angle back there for some structure so this set up is perfect.

Signscorp

vhb and silicone should work. lot's of silicone
A little concerned on the surface area we'd have for that one. It'll be my companies logo up there so extra embarrassing if it falls. I'd rather over-do it a bit here i think

gnubler

Good timing, I just got asked to install a sign on a pole, similar to this. Will check out the metal strapping and clamps.