• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Steel 4x4 post base

signs_welly

Currently flying by the seat of my pants
I'm trying to locate something like the attached post base for a 4x4. I feel like it shouldn't be so difficult to find but the ones I find don't have that wide base. This is for a customer who will be taking it around to horse shows so it needs to be able to be disassembled and portable and able to be set on solid ground or dirt.

Maybe I'm not searching the right terms? Any advice?
SteelFoot4x4_Post.jpg

signs_welly

I'm sure they're available, but if ya only need one, have it fabricated by someone local.
It seems like that might be the best way to go. I was hoping to keep the cost down and any time it's custom the price is high. I'm wondering if I bolted a steel post flange on to an 18x18 hardwood outrigger if it would be sturdy enough to keep the sign from blowing over with a good wind.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I stock 90 lb rubber bases with wheels that use u-post. In ft Pierce
Sorry about peddling my wares.... It's just to help, don't care if anyone buys them

rjssigns

Stop by your local Class 8 truck repair and get a used brake drum or disc then weld some square tube to it. The casting of the drums will add that certain rustic "je ne sais quoi".

signs_welly

Stop by your local Class 8 truck repair and get a used brake drum or disc then weld some square tube to it. The casting of the drums will add that certain rustic "je ne sais quoi".
This won't work for this customer but it's the perfect solution for another customer of mine, actually. Thanks for the idea!