• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stick Figure Clipart?

mcentyre

Anyone know where I can get a clipart set that contains "stick people" for putting "family" graphics on the back of cars? I'm having more and more people ask for them. I know some of you are asking "why can't he just draw a freakin' stick figure", but I just don't want too!:Big Laugh

Thanks!

anothersign

Do a search on this topic

I had asked the same question about a month ago or so and was told they are all made by each sign shop and not really sold by any 1 company.

mcentyre

I just thought there might be a clipart collection out there that I could buy. I wasn't asking anyone to just handover their own designs. It'd be nice if there were a large collection that the customer could browse and pick figures that match the personalities of their family members.

anothersign

Same here

When i asked i had the same thought in mind maybe a clipart cd i could buy with different family members but no luck here either.

OldPaint

HOW NOT TALENTED YOU GOTA BE .....to not be able to draw a stick figure????????????????? and youre in the SIGN AND DESIGN BUSINESS.....STOP THE INSANITY......

ac

For real. Just draw them. All the rich soccer moms that drive the ginormous suv's around here love 'em.

anothersign

Old Paint

I think you have to much time on your hands. i dont believe i have seen you post one thing does does anyone any good always negative why?
I should have started out saying i have all the respect in the world for what you do and you must be good at it but damn give the new guys a break you didnt wake up a genious one morning did you? i would bet you had to learn like the rest of us did and thats why this forum is so popular. Guys like Geary, Fred, Doug allen, derf well the list is to long are so helpfull and bring so much knoledge to the table but when they get remarks that have no good point like your (HOW NOT TALENTED YOU GOTA BE .....to not be able to draw a stick figure?????????????????) why shoot the guy down for not knowing? No different in my eyes than that crabby old grandpa none of us wanted to spend the summer with as kids. Just my 2 cents worth and again i have all the respect in the world for what you do for a living but just dont go into motivational speaking please. Love ya old paint:U Rock:

OldPaint

I think you have to much time on your hands. i dont believe i have seen you post one thing does does anyone any good always negative why?
yea...i guess i shouldnt said anything....BULLCRAP!!!!
I WAS DRAWIN STICK FIGURES AT 4 YEARS OLD.....
i got no sympathy for as i call em "idiots with plotters"...
and ill stand pat on that one........i help a lot of people out with sincere posts as to rolands and corel, but i just dont see how someone can be in this line of work....WITH OUT ANY DESIGN/DRAWING SKILL....as simple as STICK FIGURES.... come on......it aint just me.......tell me you think the guy is doin this trade any good?

anothersign

Well i guess i agree

Old paint i do agree if your going to be in this buisness you need to have art skills but i was going more so with the idea that he is just starting out in the business and dont have any knowledge in this field. I did not mean any disrespect to you as i said earlier i have much respect for what you do and i do understand what your saying i have seen and maybe even posted some dumb questions i just think if we want to keep good people coming to this forum we all need to be nice to the noobs. I also want to say sorry i was out of line to say you dont help i read every post you make there are some good ones. Just trying to stick up for the little guy old paint.

Techman

open MS paint
use mouse to draw stick figure
save,, its done in less time than it took to make and read this thread..

Open corel. use brush and draw stick figure.. save and you have a vector. Done in less time than it took to make this post.. C'mon lets be a little self reliant...

Cadmn

mcentyre said:
I just thought there might be a clipart collection out there that I could buy. I wasn't asking anyone to just handover their own designs. It'd be nice if there were a large collection that the customer could browse and pick figures that match the personalities of their family members.
might get the company on ebay to share I doubt it draw it:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

mcentyre

Wow! I've gotten alot of help and information on this forum over the past few months and managed to avoid participating in any of the "flame war" threads. However, I guess it was just a matter of time before I asked a question that got me flamed.

I'm going to try again to make my point about what I was talking about. Of course I can open Corel or Illustrater and create a few stick figures if I need to. However, the figures I've seen on cars in these parts are more than just a circle with a few lines. And even at that, I could create a them in just a few minutes. What I was inquiring about is if anyone had seen a collection of figures (like in the 100's) that you could make available for people to choose from. If I could spend few bucks purchasing something like that, it MAY be more cost effective than spending an hour or two drawing stick figures when I could be doing something else.

In response to this thread, I really don't think it's nessecary to call people "idiots with plotters". I'm sure there are people on this board that are much better than me and maybe there are people who aren't as good as me. No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone who is better than you. I really don't understand people who post mean spirited messages without anything constructive. I guess I was alway taught "If you can't say anything nice ...".

If my first post wasn't clear and that lack of clarity caused this, then I apologize. If you still feel the need to criticize me then no one will stop you. I respect Fred and this board too much to contribute anymore to this type of thread, it only clutters up what is otherwise a shining star on the net ...

Thanks.