• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Still searching for the a printer near me

Status
Not open for further replies.

garylisko

Yes, it has been converted to solvent ink. Its a place to start. I got a 54" cutter/printer in one, cost on parts is less expensive than most. I will update when it arrives and how it works out. I have to find a reasonable carrier over the weekend.

iSign

So, these are print and cut in one machine huh?
When do you apply the liquid laminate?
I've heard that you take out the prints to run them through a roll laminator, and then load it back in to cut... but with liquid lam, can you just goop it on after, so you don't gum up the machine?

laserman70

So, these are print and cut in one machine huh?
When do you apply the liquid laminate?
I've heard that you take out the prints to run them through a roll laminator, and then load it back in to cut... but with liquid lam, can you just goop it on after, so you don't gum up the machine?

Sounds like the carriage is in front of the horse to me as well.
Get a printer and your set. Not even close. Flexi, Laminator, PSD, AI, COREL and so much more.
Not including hours learning what the hell Flexi even does.

Not busting your stones, just being honest. We started 2 years ago with a used printer. It isnt as easy as you think it to be. Printer breaks you better learn how to fix it fast. Getting a tech in your area is like the Pirates being over 500. I know, I live about an hour from you.

We bought a used printer, I am a tech for HP on lasers and inkjets. These are different animals. Thank god I had some experience repairing machines.

You could outsource your prints and build up enough money to purchase the equipment you truly need.

Just my .02

Good Luck.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
You could outsource your prints and build up enough money to purchase the equipment you truly need.

he already bought it.

I never recommend liquid laminate. If anything, hand laminate ... big squeegees are good for that I hear ... i just use some of my older silk screen squeegees that are too brittle for pulling ink and I wrap them with a little bit of felt to reduce drag. works like a charm.

garylisko

I do have flexi 8 should have said that eariler. I'm within my range I have enough left over for inks,media,materials. The only thing i need to figure out is which route Im going to go with the laminator. I would merely use the liquid just to get started. There would be no point for me to wait, I will get all I need as I go. I am looking into big squeeges now. I can get a 26" laminator big squeege, But I'm trying to figure out which big squeege is most benifical for multi-tasking. As far as for coro plast signs, laying cut vinyl and prints. And still need to find a carrier service that doesnt have hidden costs, trustable!!

J

john1

To be honest i admire your want to get into this industry but please don't use liquid laminate. If someone wants contour cut stickers, i'm not so sure liq laminating them will be fun.

Get a BS in the size of the media your going to run on your machine and you can laminate with FILM LAM and mount prints with that too. I use a 32" and my machine is only 30" and i mount prints all the time as well as film lam with it no problem.

garylisko

I was going to buy a used 26" on ebay just to save where I can, but my cj500 is a 54" I believe it accepts 52" media so you would perfer me to go all out and get a 52" or 26" I've never used one, just read all the sucess stories and willing to give it a try.

garylisko

flexi pro 8.6 with a crack ( i believe everything is in order as i've been using it for 2 years now with no issues

sfr table hockey

I was going to buy a used 26" on ebay just to save where I can, but my cj500 is a 54" I believe it accepts 52" media so you would perfer me to go all out and get a 52" or 26" I've never used one, just read all the sucess stories and willing to give it a try.

The CJ 500 holds 54" media and smaller. Once you get it you will be able to see where the feed rollers are and then depending on how tight to the edge you want to place them on the media, you should have about 53" of print area but less if you need crop marks printed, for the laminate/cut route.

Get one Big Squeegee that will let you do 4' wide and a smaller for the small coro signs.

As for media and laminate, don't always buy the cheapest. It will not print as well and for the little extra you will make out better on the print side. Also look at a matte finish for vinyl as it will print much better and when you laminate you will have gloss anyway.

Practice with some unprinted media to lay it down using the Big Squeegee so you are not waiting for an actual printed job and then messing it up. The Big Squeegee does work well but you also have to learn to use it propper with the right pressure and watch Dale's demo videos. The one on laminates works well. Use your cheaper media for practice.

Stick with Rolands inks for propper color otherwise you will have issues with color unless you can get profiles made. If you are not printing major amounts then the cost difference on Roland to other inks is not worth the color issues. You can get profiles to work with the converted CJ so don't worry about that although you may have trouble finding them. Set your rip up as a SC 500 and you should get profiles there.

Keep your drain lines clear from blockages and have cleaning fluid on hand right from the start. Keep the cover off the print head area and always clean around the heads and wipers after every use and things should keep running well. Get the service manual and do all the test prints and allignment test prints first off to see if they are in good order. If the unit was from Dave, you should be good to go. He knows his stuff.

Any one who knocks the old CJ 500 I would say lets have a contest of taking the other guys print head and jumping on them and see who crys first....... you can replace both heads in a CJ for about 1/4 the cost of just one of the other guys. That alone is not so bad a reason to put up with the slower speed.

iSign

You got Flexi already? And you are just starting out?
Wow!!!

Did you pay full price ? That is an insanely expensive purchase for a n00b huh?

Last edited:
:thumb:

Attachments

• crack-kills.jpg
    crack-kills.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 87

iSign

flexi pro 8.6 with a crack ( i believe everything is in order as i've been using it for 2 years now with no issues

oh.... :doh:
top of page 2 huh?
didn't see this at all on my iPhone earlier, but that answers my question & raises several others? :help

Is that a legal crack?

You should post the serial number on your installation CD, or your dongle, because if you have illegal software, you would be better off finding out now, when you can surrender it voluntarily... otherwise, if you get contacted as a result of going public with this, I think your printer & other sign related assets could be confiscated as well... :omg:

I've heard of "cracked" software referring simply to eliminating the risk of running with the dongle in the machine, so it can remain safely in a drawer, so if that's the case, you may not be in as hot of water after all... :clapping:

Steph Stamm is the Internet Relations & Social Media representative for SA International, the manufacturer of Flexi Sign, as well as a respected friend & merchant member here on Signs101. :rock-n-roll:

As seen on her profile, she can be reached at SStamm@SAintl.biz or through this forum. Go ahead and post up your software serial numbers & I'm sure she can help you ensure whether or not you have a legal copy before more serious consequences descend on Sarver PA. :cool:

Steph is on my "friends" list, so I'll be happy to alert her to your post so you can resolve this. besides, if you are going to be competing with other professionals in your area, you will certainly want to level the playing field & run your business on the up & up, so you do not end up with a distorted sense of the cost of doing business, by circumventing laws, licenses & other similar annoyances that cause the prices of signs to end up where they need to be, after the garage guys get shut down, locked up, or forced into compliance... :noway:

oh, by the way... welcome to the forum, you will find loads of great information like the above, all throughout the site, so wherever you end up, and whatever the term... make sure you have an internet connection & we can all continue to entertain each other! :peace!:

CheapVehicleWrap

A close friend of mine thought the same. It took just about 2 years when the feds came crashing in on his house. He hasn't seen his kids in years 3 years because the federal prison system keeps moving him around from state to state.

iSign

A close friend of mine thought the same. It took just about 2 years when the feds came crashing in on his house. He hasn't seen his kids in years 3 years because the federal prison system keeps moving him around from state to state.

.. yeah, but does he still get internet at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.