• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stock Car pricing

bayviewsignworks

new to pricing stock car graphics. I'm looking at numbers for door, the top, another graphic for the sides (incorporating the number in front), hood, headlights, tail lights and several other customn logos. I'm thinking anywhere from $400-$500. Anybody have any suggestions?

Mosh

We do alot of dirt track cars. Average for a whole car is $600. As low as $100 (one color numbers only, not installed) up to wraps that run $1,500 for the sides only.
Whatever you charge they are always going to tell you they can get it cheaper somewhere else. Race guys are like that, you just have to play along with these HICKS!!! You will get tired of it, I know I have.

bayviewsignworks

I'm loopking for a good file to use for a 2010 Monte Carlo. I'd be putting the car number in the file and digital printing the headlights and tail lights and grill.

Last edited by a moderator:

westpointsigns

Get Paid In Full before even starting on ANY stock car job. I learned the hard way and it only happened one time. Was about 5 years ago and the ONLY time I didn't get paid.

Mosh

I'm loopking for a good file to use for a 2010 Monte Carlo. I'd be putting the car number in the file and digital printing the headlights and tail lights and grill. Does anyone have an file for this?
They sell these in any race shop for less than you can even mess with doing them....

Si Allen

Remember ... lettering and graphics are the last thing to go onto a race car!

By the time for you to get paid ... they are out of money! Soooooooooooooo ........... you will get paid with promises!

My rule :

100% down .... before I start!

Jillbeans

If they let me put my name on it I will do the entire car for a case of beer.

I'M KIDDING!
But that's what "they" think I charge.
Love....Jill

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
new to pricing stock car graphics. I'm looking at numbers for door, the top, another graphic for the sides (incorporating the number in front), hood, headlights, tail lights and several other customn logos. I'm thinking anywhere from $400-$500. Anybody have any suggestions?

Tell them $1,500 for 1 color contour cut vinyl so you don't have to see them again.

Mosh

Get the beer up front.

If if you do they most likely will sit and drink most of it with you while you do the car. Racers, do you see where this is going and how Real shops think of you????LOL!!! This is why there are so many "racers" starting up vinyl shops....I know there are a few on the 101 even.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We don't have stock cars out here so I can't really help but;
You could take the length of the rear portion of the driver's mullet and multiply it by an "x" factor.
Something like $50.00 per running inch of mullet length might work.

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"you got somethin against MULLETS??? you you you .....ill bet your BALD))))))))))) "

OP if I had as much hair as you I'd probably sport the same type of glorious " MadMax beyond Thunderdome Mullet" as you do, but you are correct I have more hair in my ears than on the top of my head.....

wayne k
guam usa

TheSellOut

OldPaint...you are aweful defensive over mullets...lol

to the OP...from what you are describing, it sounds more like 750+

Mosh

I can't say anything about Mullets, you all have seen my long hair (before I cut it)! My best friend has been racing for 35 years, almost as long as I have been alive. Guess what he pays full price, and is glad to. BTW he races 11 months out of the year, even races in Australia so he isn't just a weekend hack.
He is always in the top 20-30 in IMCA National points for the year.